Declaring War by Invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Declaring War by Invasion

I recently was playing Tokugawa, and I wanted to declare war on a civ that was refusing to talk. Since I couldn't declare in the diplomacy window, I decided to just invade, which the manual says is an alternate way of declaring war. But for some reason, I couldn't move my units into the enemy's territory, so I had to wait until he would talk to me, and then declare war in diplomacy. Has anyone else had this problem?

Not exactly.

You can always use Alt-click on the leaders name in the lower right corner to declare war, even if the leader won't talk with you.

Or is it CTL-click?

Comment

Well, often happens, that I select multiple units, and the waypoint-arrow-thingy appears, I left-click with it, but the units don't move. If I then right-click on his territory, I get the declaration question.

But what's with the "Refuses to talk"-thing? Is surreal, Togukawa refused to talk to me for bloody 500 years! In middle ages or so, turn after turn after turn.....
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Admiral Perry sound familiar?
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

If he was Admiral Perry, he wouldn't have a problem entering Japan's land without permission...

Comment

You can't invade someone if you have a 10-turn peace agreement or cease-fire with them...

Comment

Working...
            X