Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much extra time are you willing to wait per turn for an improved AI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much extra time are you willing to wait per turn for an improved AI?

How much extra CPU time can Blake's improved AI take for you to lose interest?
    none, I want a fast game
    8.77%
    5 seconds per turn at the most
    17.54%
    10 seconds per turn at the most
    22.81%
    as long as it takes to eliminate the need for AI bonuses
    50.88%

Where's the "It must be faster" option?

Comment

Obviously dependent on processor speed too

Comment

unless i'm getting mass attacked, the ai's turn has never seemed slow, so extra time doesn't matter much to me.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

When I was playing Civ 2 I had to wait over a minute for the computer to play its first turn, I even enjoyed the game more because you had time to really think about what was going to happen next. As long as it takes.
          www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Options are 5 and 10 seconds?????
            My turns can take several minutes. I know that most of it is due to the map, silly as it may be, being visible. I cannot realistically answer this poll with such options. To me 10 seconds is not visible considering the length of time a turn currently takes in the end game. In fact 1 minute would hardly be seen.
            So here's my answer: Take 10 minutes if it's for the ai and 0 for the display (ascii art is good enough for me).
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
              Take 10 minutes if it's for the ai and 0 for the display (ascii art is good enough for me).
              CivII. Good times.

I don't care how much longer it takes the AI to perform all of it's tasks. Navigating the game takes so much time that I doubt I'd notice any increase.
              LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

If it uses minimum/no bonuses Im happy to play slowly (would just go and buy a new PC).
                -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Voted as long as necessary, as I am not in such a hurry.

Best regards,

Comment

no frigg'n bonuses
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I'm willing to add an extra hour to an epic game.
                      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                      The video may avatar is from

Comment

An extra hour to an epic game?! I am willing to take an extra hour for a Quick game.

Comment

As Blake mentioned, it's entirely possible that his improved AI will operate faster.

Comment

What's the hurry??

As long as it takes to make the ultimate game better still!!
                            Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                            The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
                            Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                            Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Haven't noticed any slowing down so far in the test game I've played up to around 1100AD.

Comment

Working...
                              X