Tech Trading change in Warlords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Trading change in Warlords

I don't know if this has been discussed (and perhaps it is documented somewhere and I missed it), but one diplo change in Warlords is that you can now trade the AI a tech that it is researching. This didn't use to be the case - and it made for a pretty confusing reading of the F4 tech screen at times as it looked like the AI had a tech, when they were in fact only researching it.

This means that it's now possible to scoop up AI cash without letting them have a too good a deal, if you're prepared to do a little micro-diplo each turn.

Say you have Astronomy, and an AI without it has 400g. You want their gold for some upcoming Rifle upgrades, but don't want to be too generous. If you suspect they may be researching it, check each turn what they are prepared to offer and if it falls below their available gold, it's time to sell.

Thanks for the mention. I didn't realize this. It explains a few oddities that I've seen.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, I have noticed this when they have allowed me to have a technology dirt cheap. But if you mouse over the technology, it actually tells you the proportion of the technology they have already researched
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
        But if you mouse over the technology, it actually tells you the proportion of the technology they have already researched

Comment

Working...
        X