• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jalaluddin Muhammed Akbar

aka Akbar the Great

hehe
    Attached Files

All I can say is "I'd hate be against you in that game".
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Re: Jalaluddin Muhammed Akbar

Originally posted by chuckdelicious
      aka Akbar the Great
      Gee... nice unit, but it can't heal itself?
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I could never get a unit that many promotions, since eventually the odds catch up to me. I've lost generals attacking on 100% odds. That must have indeed been a lucky unit.

I do pity the poor sam inf unit that sees that gunship and thinks it will be a pushover.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

With it's ability to retreat from combat, I'm not sure you could get unlucky in battle with that unit
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

But you have to win the battles first to get all those. But yeah, they help.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

is that legit?

I don't think I've ever got over 30 experience. It seems impossible to me. As it's too easy to lose battles.

Comment

I've had a few make it into the 50's but thats about it. Units that good have to be used, and if they're used they eventually die.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I guess if you "milk" a horse archer from the beginning of the game, and keep promoting and upgrading him, you could do it. But it would take more planning and effort than I'm willing to give a unit. Units are made to kill and die... If you have a fear of lossing units, you probably shouldn't be playing
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

I've never gotten anywhere near that level of xp. I think my best unit ever was in the 60s.

It's cool and all, but it's totally overkill.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Well, my goal going into this particular game was to see how far along I could get a warlord unit. (Mission success!) I also ended up with a 109xp Mech Inf and a 87xp Modern Armor. I lost plenty of other warlord units along the way. The gunship began as a horse archer and progressed to what you see above. I actually got a few more xp on him before I won via conquest. The MI started as a swordsman. But the gunship is the way to go, when the enemy throws a big stack of enemies into your territory, just airstrike them to half strength and then smoke them all with the gunship. With his 5 movement and blitz, he can attack like 45 times a turn.

Comment

229 xp, and 244 xp needed for the next level (19) ... you obviously played as a charismatic leader (Napoleon). But why didn't you choose Cyrus (also imperialistic)?

Anyway, a very impressive unit!
                        "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Nice.

Akbar should be India's third leader, though
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Hmmm, not bad, I had a similar gunship unit with blitz once - not quite that much experience, but with the leadership promotion they tend to stack it up quite quickly if they are mopping up...
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                              Nice.

Akbar should be India's third leader, though

Akbar on the attack: "My words are backed with Fast Workers!"

Seriously, I don't think I've ever had 229 xp for all my units, so I'm impressed.

Comment

Working...
                              X