Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beginner question

first of all hi to everybody here

i wanted to ask what i've to do when near my city name appears a green smilie, and by the detail i read "because of the popolation, flooded land"

please help

Welcome!

Each city generates sickness (measured in sick faces) and health (measured in healthy faces). You have to make sure that the health value is larger than the sickness value.

There are some means to decrease sickness (clearing out jungle, whipping population). To increase health, get food ressources (wheat, pigs etc.) (these are mentioned in the city screen on the top right) by connecting the resources to the city or by trade, or build certain city improvements (e. g., granary, grocer).

The civilopedia probably has more to say on these matters in the "health" section.

Comment

some buildings might help with unhappiness with overcrowding

granary, coliseum....just dont spread to fast
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

it doesnt' work

see the picture?

it is still -6 near the grenn smilie and +6 near the red one

whx doesnt't that work?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fts
          it doesnt' work

see the picture?

it is still -6 near the grenn smilie and +6 near the red one
          Sure it works. If it didn't, you would have over -20.

Hold the mouse pointer over the faces, and you will see how the game calculates the values for health and sickness. In your case, the city is size 26 (26 sickness), you have a forge (1 sickness) and other buildings (factory? Iron Works?) bring additional 2 sickness. To the right, you see that you have merely 9 health due to resources. You have no corn, crab, deer, pigs, sheep; no spices, sugar, wine (which bring health with a grocer). Therefore, your health value is less than the sickness value.

Similarly for the unhappiness: No silver, fur, gems, ivory, spices, wine; no hit singles, musicals and movies. Only 10% culture, and thus only 1 theatre happiness. Only one religion, and thus at most one temple. This just is not enough for such a large city (26 is very large).

Comment

oh ok, thx for the help, i know what to do now

Comment

Working...
            X