Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adagio
    This looks like a great mod...

I didn't read the whole thread, is it still only avaliable for the last Civ4 patch, or does it work with Warlords?
    It's vanilla only.

Comment

• Since I'm no good at actually playing Civ is there a way to let the AI play and just watch everyone?

I don't want to be a player at all I want to observe everybody and see how they handle themselves.

Tom P.

Comment

• Originally posted by padillah
        Since I'm no good at actually playing Civ is there a way to let the AI play and just watch everyone?

I don't want to be a player at all I want to observe everybody and see how they handle themselves.

Tom P.
        And to make it even more interesting, you can take bets on who will win. You’ll have odds moving as the game develops and there can also be more exotic bets (biggest religion, largest army, wealthiest, most advanced/cultured etc). Unless you are in the US, of course, where you are not allowed to do this because it’s terribly corrupting.

Comment

• Unless you are in the US, of course, where you are not allowed to do this because it’s terribly corrupting.
          Those reasons always give me a good laugh.
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by padillah
            Since I'm no good at actually playing Civ is there a way to let the AI play and just watch everyone?

Tom P.
            I'd love it as a screen saver.
            www.neo-geo.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Swiss Pauli
              I had a couple of situations where I'm fairly sure the AI could have whipped a decent defender (Longbow/Axe) and didn't.
              To back on-topic a bit, tonight I saw the AI whip in walls in one city and then whip archers in another, where walls would have been a much better option as there were already half a dozen or more archers there already. I think the build priority could be improved, with walls being favoured if there's more than two defenders (pre-guns, of course).

Comment

• FYI I am getting a crash after updating to the lastest version... FYI.

Comment

• Originally posted by couerdelion

And to make it even more interesting, you can take bets on who will win. You’ll have odds moving as the game develops and there can also be more exotic bets (biggest religion, largest army, wealthiest, most advanced/cultured etc). Unless you are in the US, of course, where you are not allowed to do this because it’s terribly corrupting.
                  Personally I find that a very good question as you do need to test the AI and you certainly do not want to play a whole game to find out that what you have changed doesn't quiet work.

One thing I would really love to see is a more plugable AI system. In that case 2 people could actually design 2 AIs and let them battle against eachother. That would be interesting. Those who know how to program would get a totally new way to play the game and the other people would get more different AI behaviour so a win for all. Some standard WinAPI style interface for best interoperatibility with non VC or even non C++ compiler would be great. (See http://c-evo.org/ for a working example). Perhaps an idea for Civ5.

Continuing to follow this thread for the patch...
                  Will this be a patch for vanilla or the announced warlord patch (and will delay that one) or the next warlord patch after that one.

Comment

• I'd love to see a game where Blakes AI is agaisnt Sorens AI in 1.61.

Blake could even use it as a reason for Firaxis to hire him.

Hey, You know what the track record is for those who show initiative when trying to improve Civ on Apolyton...
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• krill: it wouldn't be blake's vs. soren's, but more
                      soren's vs. soren's with some blake opimisations
                      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• After playing a game with Blakes AI on Prince...Sorry, Blake has made that code his own. The old AI sucked on Prince, this new one is a decent competitor
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Very nice, and very exciting.
                          I am looking forward to be playing this!

Comment

• Actually, if anyone's interested, you can run a relative performance test. Start a new game with Blake's improvements, save it, and let the AIs play. Check the winner, the scores, and the general performance of civs from demographics / graphs. Then load Civ4 with the default AI and do the same.
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Wow, this is looks great! I would love to go down a level and still face a competitive AI! Really looking forward to the warlords version.

BTW - I'm a mod newbie so I wanted to check I'm doing it right. All I had to do was put the dll file in its own mod folder and then load the mod using the menu option for mods, right? It seemed to work correctly but just wanted to be sure......

Comment

• Yup, that method will work.

Comment

Working...
                                X