Pangaea settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pangaea settings?

What do the settings normal, pressed, and solid mean when setting up a pangaea map? I'm guessing pressed mean it'll be one of those long thin landmasses that stretch almost the whole length of the map. The other two seem a bit more ambiguous.

This is how Sirian describes the Pangaea settings in his map guide (see the topped post for links):

Natural - Creates a solid core, then adds four to seven "subcontinental" regions which can vary in shape and size, or even be a small island chain. These often reach out in to the sea, forming snaky peninsulas or occupying a "corner" of the main continent with a fat, unpredictable protrusion.
    Pressed - Creates a solid core, then adds two to four "larger" subcontinents. This setting also shifts more to the north or south, at random.
    Solid - Nothing but the solid core, larger and with smoother shorelines.

Comment

Whoops.

I didn't even think to check that thread. Thanks for the help regardless of my absent mindedness.

Comment

thanks for pointing out the map guide. I feel silly not seeing it. I just tend to ignore topped threads since I figure they are the same old threads I've seen a thousand times. Which kind of defeats the purpose of having the thread topped.

Comment

Working...
        X