new map generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new map generation

Hey guys, Warlords has rekindled my interest in Civ4. I thought I remembered that it was possible to regenerate a map with all the same options as your current game but none of the key combinations I have tried work. I don't have my original Civ4 manual lying around and it's not documented in the Warlords manual. Was this part of the game or was that feature only in GalCiv and I'm just wishing it was in Civ?

It's in the game. ESC on first turn and Regenerate map, or go to WorldBuilder and in map mode you have a button to do that too.
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Just wanted to emphasize a point in the previous post. This regenerate map ability via the game exists ONLY on the very first turn. After that, the menu item isn't even listed, let alone greyed out. I only mention it because that caught me off guard and I wondered where the function was. It makes sense once you think about their way. They don't want to let you explore the world and then decide you don't like it.
      If you aren't confused,
      You don't understand.

Comment

The other question is, when you regenerate the map, does it keep the same AIs assigned to the game. I believe it does but am not sure.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yep, same everything but land.

It uses the same script you used in the first place to generate the map too. So if you want to change the map type you have to go out and select a different map type.

Tom P.

Comment

It uses the same script you used in the first place
            Yes, and that makes it a very useful tool when you're writing your own map script.
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Hmm, I thought everyone just used WorldPainter

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                The other question is, when you regenerate the map, does it keep the same AIs assigned to the game. I believe it does but am not sure.
                If you choose a random civ and regenerate the map, you still always stay the same so I guess this is the case with the A.I also.
                GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
                even mean anything?

Comment

Strange, I thought it was the first turn when I was looking around for it. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by QuestGAV
                    Strange, I thought it was the first turn when I was looking around for it. Thanks for the info!
                    I believe it only appears when you chose 'custom game' and not when you go via 'play now' (or the other way around)

Comment

You always have the 4000 BC autosave, btw (except if you start post-4000 BC ) to regenerate from.
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                      X