A couple of Great General questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of Great General questions

First of all, if I attach a GG to a new unit straight out of the Barracks, are the 20 points it recieves enough to bring it up to the level 6 required for West Point?

Secondally is it enough to just have had a level 6 unit to enable West Point, or does have to actually exist when it's available for building? In other words, if I want to ensure that I can build that Wonder, should I just park the unit in some safe city so it doesn't end up getting blown up?

I had a game this weekend where I attached the GG to a Tank, and the very first battle it gets wiped out. Fortunately I had already started West Point and the game allowed me to complete it.

First of all, if I attach a GG to a new unit straight out of the Barracks, are the 20 points it recieves enough to bring it up to the level 6 required for West Point?

No. 20 + 3 = 23 < 26. Throw in Theocracy and Vassalage or a Stable and yes.

Secondally is it enough to just have had a level 6 unit to enable West Point, or does have to actually exist when it's available for building? In other words, if I want to ensure that I can build that Wonder, should I just park the unit in some safe city so it doesn't end up getting blown up?

The former.

I had a game this weekend where I attached the GG to a Tank, and the very first battle it gets wiped out. Fortunately I had already started West Point and the game allowed me to complete it.

That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

No. 20 + 3 = 23 < 26. Throw in Theocracy and Vassalage or a Stable and yes.
      If you're Charismatic, I'm certain you only need 23. Otherwise, you need the above.

Comment

As said, you need the unit alive to start building the wonder. As you've noticed, once you've started building the wonder it doesn't matter (for building purposes) if it dies.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdPhoenix
          As said, you don't need the unit alive to start building the wonder.
          Fixed that first sentence. The unit just needs to have existed.
          LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Really? I stand corrected then. And will use my first great general unit more aggressively before WP in future!

Comment

Yes nothing sucks more than losing your gg on a 100% probability attack. But if you don't attack with him, what's the point.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks for the replies. As you can probably tell, I usually play a builder type game, and my knowledge of war is a bit lacking. I've just lately been trying to play more aggresively and won my first Domination game. The vassal state thing definitely makes it much easier to achieve. I had every civ but 1 capitulate and got an Augustus Ceasar win on Noble. I was so pleased with myself.

Comment

Working...
                X