No announcement yet.

Disabling certain civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zulus and Babylonians were both green in civ 1, so if you played one you were guaranteed to not meet the other. I hated shaka with a passion after getting thoroughly pwned by him and his violent tendancies repeatedly

playing the babs a lot piqued my interest in this area I knew nothing about as a kid, and the rest is er...history
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I think this would be a good option to add to the custom game start up. My annoying civ is Monty, he always seems to show up right next to me. Not that I mind the eventual carnage.... it's just a bit predictable. I always try to take him out before he starts some crap while I'm building my courthouses or something.
      ...and I begin to understand that there are no new paths to track, because, look, there are already footprints on the moon. -- Kerkorrel

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
        If I knew how to delete the zulus in civ 1 I wouldnt know nearly as much as I do about Mesopotamia now

Stalin in Civ 1 is probably the guy who started me on my obsession with Caesar and the Romans.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I always played Romans cos I liked their music most. Still do in fact.

First game I played was as the Romans in fact.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I hated Alex in civ 1. My dislike for Genghis was greater, though, so I became a huge fan of India, even though some cities weren't real.

Loved Rome for the music, but I also liked Russia's. I always wanted to have them both in the game... now I can!

Comment

Originally posted by Virdrago
              I hated Alex in civ 1. My dislike for Genghis was greater, though, so I became a huge fan of India, even though some cities weren't real.
              Tell me about it! And the city names are still the same, to this day!

Originally posted by Virdrago
              Loved Rome for the music, but I also liked Russia's. I always wanted to have them both in the game... now I can!
              Rome's music was the best! Alex's wasn't bad, either. But Russia's was soo boring. Though tbh, all of this was listened to through my PC speaker
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                What do you have against Alex?
                I feel this guy is not well balanced when playing at Emperor on a Pangea becouse he is programmed to attack very, very early and always the weakest CIV.

Since it is a pangea, everyone can reach everyone
                and since it is Emperor, I, as the human player, are of course always the weakest opponent due to A.I strating bonuses. When A.I uses the advantage provided with the bonuses very early for war, the situation is hopeless.

With some exepctions, this just always happens ... so I may as well restart when he appears.
                GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
                even mean anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Thedrin

Play with random personalities so that he'll act differently to his standard persona.
                  That could be intresting indeed.
                  However, I bet a bloodthirsty Gandhi might then do the same trick ...
                  even mean anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                    You coul play as him.
                    In fact, he is one of my favorites
                    I like both of his traits and his special unit, the Phalanx is very powerful for defensive purposes.
                    (Strenght 5 + free combat I)
                    If you then use the promotion from barracks for "melee unit bonus" then the Phalanx will have strenght 10,5 VS mouted units and almost 7 VS melee units. A powerful all-ardound unit.

Usually, though, I play as a random CIV.
                    even mean anything?

Comment

This is possible, but the only way I know of is to edit the xml file: CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml.

One of the elements is _bAIPlayable_

Set that to 0 for any civ you don't want the ai to play - and reload.

*edit* lol - xml flags, d'oh!
                      Last edited by skadoink; September 27, 2006, 14:46.

Comment

Working...
                      X