Get the AI to go to war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get the AI to go to war?

Im trying to figure out how this is supposed to help me.....

I asked Frederick to go to war with Saladface and he agreed. And so I proceeded to instruct my forces to beseige the towns of salad and not once did Frederick send any troops in to help me, nor did he attempt to attack salad himself.

Is asking another leader to go to war with another country nothing more than a decleration on paper in the game or will they come to my rescue and or actually go to war with the other AI and send in troops to try and take some cities for themselves?

Thanks,

It varies from doing nothing to actually overrunnig the target civ.
    However the main benefit IMO is that the AI enters war mode which means that they produce mostly units and fall behind on tech they also pilage each others improvements which additionaly slows them down.
    Quendelie axan!

Comment

Okay, thanks. I kind of figured it had to do more than just be a decleration on paper, I've just as of yet seen the leader that I asked to declare war on someone actually partake in any battles.

perhaps it will happen later in the game for me.

Comment

I had to laugh my last game.

I declared war and my vassal has to join. He's on the other side of me and on the second turn he moves a stack of tanks through my territory to join the fray. I'm thinking "it's about time he did something to earn his keep" I start seiging the first city in my path and my vassal starts pillaging all the terrain around the city I'm seiging. I WANTED TO KEEP THAT CITY but you can't stop them from pillaging.

I have had other civs take more cities from the civ that I'm warring with. Nothing worse then having them beat you to their juicy capital.

If nothing else sometime the AI will send their mobile force in the other direction.

But yes there are those time where you bribe an AI with a great tech and they don't earn it.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by kamidan
          Okay, thanks. I kind of figured it had to do more than just be a decleration on paper, I've just as of yet seen the leader that I asked to declare war on someone actually partake in any battles.

perhaps it will happen later in the game for me.
          It somewhat depends on who you ask to help to attack whom. Civs with strong power ranking are always itchy to attack their neighbors to get a few extra citis for themselves.

With Warlords, sometimes I get AI civs which do better than myself when attacking other civs and get them to capitulated to the AI, leaving me with only one captured city !!

Comment

Working...
          X