The Warlords Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Warlords Expansion

Hello to all, I want to know a few things about the Expansion. I would appreciate the communities opinion.

I was wondering what the people here thought about the expansion? And is it worth buying?

My biggest hope is that the Ai has been improved considerably, is this the case?

What else has been changed/improved? And are there any "killer" features in it that make it a required buy?

Thank you.

its not changed too much, i dont think the AI has changed at all. Most the improvements, new civs, buildings and wonders are small enhancements. Great generals are OK, but force you into warmaking to receive them. i am glad I bought it. But I wouldn't pay too much for it

I think I got it for £15 and thats what I'd say it was worth

Comment

No AI improvements except some minor barbarian tweaks in how they attack and pillage.

There are no must haves, but if you like civ4, I can't see why not buy it.

It's a decent expansion. That's about all I can say. Nothing exceptional, nothing bad.

Though I admit, I still have yet to play any scenarios. . So I'm not taking these into account. Which is funny, as when Civ3:Conquests came out, the scenarios was what I was most interested in. And I actually liked some of those scenarios. But maybe because I was already bored of the civ3 regular game at that point. In civ4, I'm still having a lot of fun playing the regular game.

Comment

the Genghis campaign is worth a look, the other ones I play are much of a sameness

Comment

The AI actually was improved. The military AI is somewhat better, particularly on the attack. But no, it's not a dramatic improvement - Civ4 AI is in a stage where it's pretty hard to improve in a large way.

I can make a shameless plug to my review of Warlords. For 30 USD or under that, it's probably worth it.

The main feature are vassal states... which can be very fun in some situations indeed. They give a chance of having more involved wars, but vassal states don't work to provide something interesting every game - it happens time from time, not always.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

There´s an expansion???

Honestly, I haven´t bought it and I won´t be likely to do it either... I enjoy Civ 4 immensly, but I don´t see the expansion increasing my joy to any significant degree...
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Well, it doesn't make the game worse, you know. So it can sure increase the enjoyment factor, although possibly not by much, depending on what it is that you like/don't like.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

In fact I have very few hassles with Civ 4. None of them being adressed in Civ 4 AFAIK. So I don´t deem it worth $30 to buy it now. But I´ll buy it when I se it in the bargain bin. Or bundled with the next expansion...
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

If I'm already bored with civ 4, would it cure my boredom. I kinda doubt it. I've been reduced to playing Age of Empires because I'm so bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                    I can make a shameless plug to my review of Warlords. For 30 USD or under that, it's probably worth it.
                    Good thing I read your review before you started charging $30 for it
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Chicken
                      If I'm already bored with civ 4, would it cure my boredom. I kinda doubt it.
                      Don't doubt it... while the expansion does clean up a few old problems, and stengthen the AI, add a few new civs, and a few new game features... I'm shocked that the I like the scenarios. I've never been a big fan of scenarios... but the few I've played that come with Warlords makes the money well spent.

The barbarian scenario has replayability, and GK scenario is a blast. I'm looking forward to playing the others.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                      X