Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and Thanks

Hi,

I've been playing Civilization since Civ1 on Nintendo. Since then I have bought and played every version and expansion. Since Civ became a computer game, I have been coming to this site for tips and help.

For all the years of map downloads, strategy hints and general civilization inspiration I wanted to thank this site and those who contribute to it. I also want to single out the user "Velocytrix" whose threads I seem to read so much.

I have only just now decided to join the forum and I wanted to say hello and thanks to all here for helping make my civilization experience that much better.

Jay
    civIVlife

welcome aboard!

always happy to see another nintendo fan here
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Nintendo! Been a while. Glad you decided to speak up.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Welcome !

Vel's guides are indeed something this forum can be proud of .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

am I a bad man for automatically assuming it was a spambot post?

Comment

They had Civ1 for Nintendo???
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Super Nintendo. Very good, actually.
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I knew they had Civ1 for Amiga, but Nintendo... Well...you learn as you live

Welcome, SNESciv1. Might I enquire as to why you decided to join the forum at this particular time? Seeing as you´ve been a Civ fan for at least 15 years...
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Welcome!

Civ1 for SNES was my first go at Civ too. Sooo many hours burned on that.

I remember they had a Hall of Fame that wrote to a ROM chip in the cartridge that used a percentage as your victory rating, as well as a comparison to great leaders of the past. I scored 168% as a record and then traded the game in. 168% was tough to beat; I had to go to extremes to get it. I set it on Earth map playing India (for central location and coal in the hills, highest difficutly and 7 civs, used diplomacy to find other civs names and therefore locations, beelined for math for catapults, and won by conquest in something like 1500BC. I felt kinda bad for the next person that bought the game. They probably had a helluva time topping that.

Again, welcome. Vel's strat guides are indeed a blessing to this site and any Civ player. As you can see by my rank vs. join date I either rarely visit the site or I lurk a lot. It is the latter, so it's good to see another lurker pop their head out and say hi.

Comment

Are you serious 15 years? Well I doubt I was 10 at the time I played so I caught on sometime between version 1 and 2. I burned a lot of hours on that too. I stayed up to 3am for the first time EVER playing that game!

Why I decided to join now? I was fed up of not being able to see pictures nor download stuff like the Strat Guide. Besides, I figured it was about time. Maybe I could get some MP games going, something I have never done!
                    civIVlife

Comment

However did Civ work on SNES? What if you wanted to move diagonally? How did you enter names for cities? What did buttons A, B and C do?
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                        However did Civ work on SNES? What if you wanted to move diagonally? How did you enter names for cities? What did buttons A, B and C do?
                        For the life of me I don't remember. Good questions though.

Comment

well, i read the title as "hello and tanks"...

i was thinking that this would be very interesting...
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by SNESciv1
                            Are you serious 15 years? Well I doubt I was 10 at the time I played so I caught on sometime between version 1 and 2. I burned a lot of hours on that too. I stayed up to 3am for the first time EVER playing that game!

Why I decided to join now? I was fed up of not being able to see pictures nor download stuff like the Strat Guide. Besides, I figured it was about time. Maybe I could get some MP games going, something I have never done!
                            be sure to check out the Democracy Games and PBEMs (Play By E-Mail). A very laid-back sort of Multiplayer

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                            X