Automatic "Go to" command?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic "Go to" command?

Can you have a city building military units in a queue and have those units automatically go to a specific tile when they are completed?

Yah, I think it's shift-left-click. You can also choose multiple cities.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

If there's something in the defined path, will it attack automatically? Moving ships in the black has resulted in some stupid attacks.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah... Worst thing, in a stack of DD's and transports, it occasionally attacks with the transport...

Oh, from the rallypoint-movement? I'd imagine it goes around. Never seen it happen though.

Comment

I hate it when non combat units move into the path of hostile units they can see.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun

Oh, from the rallypoint-movement? I'd imagine it goes around. Never seen it happen though.
            Yes, it plots a route around, but it goes right next to the buggers. So your catapult or trebuchet moves right next to their maceman. "So nice of you to give me a target to gain experience." CRUNCH!!
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Reminds me of my workers, who try to improve something by a hostile border... Jeesus! Stay the **** away from the bloody warzone!

Comment

I don't automate my workers, because they cut down all the forests if I do. For those who do automate, is this going into the combat zone a common issue?
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                  I don't automate my workers, because they cut down all the forests if I do. For those who do automate, is this going into the combat zone a common issue?
                  There's a setting to make automated workers not cut down forests, if that helps.

And yes, If you don't pull them back they will happily automate whatever tile they see fit. Regardless of where the enemy soldiers are. I've had workers walk right up to enemy units that had just pillaged a tile (i guess they wanted to re-build the improvement they were closest to).

Tom P.

Comment

Great AI programming, that. Hi, we're you're neighborhood repairmen, don't mind us. Oh! We work for you now? Okay.

Comment

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've actually had automated workers run by themselfs into the nearest city. Probably there's some bug in there so they don't always do it.

Comment

Well, they don't respond to enemies in boats, so they might be overrun by landing troops.

It would be nice, if I could define some rules for automation, like, "build mines by default", instead of windmills, or "build cottages", or "if you finish your current job, and there is another worker doing something within one turn's movement, help him out".

Say, is there a general preference, whether I should build cottages or farms? Or is it strictly per-city basis?

Comment

Working...
                          X