This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitler too controversial for CIV?

Do you think they'll ever put Hitler into CIV as a leader? I mean, the expansion has Stalin... If so what do you think his traits would be? I would say

Aggressive/Charismatic

Sheesh, the vanilla Civ4 has Mao... Stalin is nothing special...

And no, Hitler was a bad guy, who was at war with the yanks, so he is a no-no bad guy.

And he built the Autobahns. Personally, with a smallish shovel.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I've found a rule about computer gamers, and it goes a little something like this:

Players can completely ignore the flavor of something, as long as it is a better chance to win.

KOTOR comes to mind, first. I had to ask a lot of people who didn't usually / always play Dark Side. Same thing with Black and White; rarely saw someone playing in a way that didn't involve chucking fireballs everywhere.

If Hitler has good traits, people'll use him. Which, IMO, is why he doesn't belong in Civ. He's the West's closest thing to Evil Incarnate, and it just sits wrong with me to give players the ability to play as him.

Interestingly, I'm fine with Wolfenstein. Maybe that's because you're pwning Hitler the whole time, and there's no chance to play as him. Maybe that's the crux of this; I don't like him being in Civ cuz there's a chance that someone would play as him.
      It's a CB.
      --
      SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

There is already a mod a CFC for hitler. If you want hitler go there and leave us alone.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

He'd make a great AI, wouldn't he? Nearly as religiously tolerant as Izzy, nearly as friendly as Toku, and nearly as peaceful as Monte.
          Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

Instead of reviving this discussion in a new thread, please use ONE of the old ones.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Feel free to continue the discussion in the old thread Rah links to... but if you want to do that, be extra sure to play nice and remain civil. More than one thread on the subject had been closed because it degenerated into a mass of offensive posts.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
              X