Installation Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation Issue

Hi, I could not find a thread about this problem so i thought I'd post it here.

I just got Civ 4 as a gift, and I am trying to install it.

When it asks for the second CD, the screen turns white and the installation hangs.

When I reboot, the installation CD no longer has an option for "install", just "run".

If I try to run it, of course, it fails, because installation is incomplete.

Any insight as to what is wrong? Clearly many people play so the game installs... what is going wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Installation Issue

Originally posted by Cerulean
    I just got Civ 4 as a gift, and I am trying to install it.

When it asks for the second CD, the screen turns white and the installation hangs.
    It might be a defect CD; is the drive still spinning, as though desperately trying to read bad sectors? Then try to read the disc's content by other means (just a copy, for example); if you get any access errors, return the CD and get a new one.

Comment

The American CD version had a number of faulty 2nd CD's circulating the market. You probably have one of those. I suggest you make contact with the publisher to get a new one.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Oh, and welcome to the forum! Hope you'll like the community and stay.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

hope to see ya in the pbem thread
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
          X