Effect of old war weariness on a new war front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effect of old war weariness on a new war front

When starting a new war, does a recent war with a different civ. cause extra war warriness to start with ?

If it doesn't then great. If it does, then does the extra war warriness from previous wars dispipate with elapsed time between the wars (how long does it take ?) or does it always accumulate ?

I play Warlords, BTW, if that makes any difference. Thanks.

To my understanding:

The two war-weariness counters are separate. If you quit warring with Civ A, then the effect of war-weariness stops immediately and the war-weariness counter for Civ A startls slowly decreasing in the background. If you start war with Civ B, you warmongering fool, then that starts up war-weariness counter B, whose effects will be applied to your Civ. War weariness counter A will not be applied and will keep on slowly decreasing..

However, if you go to war with Civ A again, then the war-weariness counter A kicks in at whatever level it had slowly decreased to. That war-wearines is immediately applied to your economy. If you had been on a long protracted and bloody war with Civ A, this could become an immediate pain.

If you are at war with both Civs A and B, then both counters are applied to your people and both counters increase with any military action involving their coresponding Civs.

I do not know the formula for the war weariness decrease. I just know that it is slower than I would like and that it was probably designed that way on purpose.
    If you aren't confused,
    You don't understand.

Comment

Great, thanks. That seems to match what I just ran into. I had a long protracted war with the Zulu (since my attacking force consisted of less than a dozen units and Zulu was the second biggest civ). War warriness was so bad I had to raise the culture slider to 40%. Shortly after I eliminated the Zulu, my Arab vassal was attacked (and eliminated) by the Aztecs. That got me immediately into another war with the Aztecs but that didn't seem to cause any noticeable war warriness. The Aztecs actually did me a favor in this case, since it was really the cities I captured from my Arab vassal that gave me the biggest happiness issue due to the "We long for our country" whatever complaint on top of the war warriness.

Thanks again.

Comment

war weariness seems to be a none issue here

my pepole love blood running in the streets

I see the effect more in with the final score
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

One of the gurus posted something about war weariness a while back. I don't know the formula either, but basically you earn war weariness by killing enemy units outside your territory. Every enemy unit you kill outside your territory earns a small bit of war weariness. Killing them inside your territory earns none. If you take on the second largest military in the world, inside their homeland, then war weariness is going to get very bad very quickly.
          Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Thanks, that's very useful to know . In that case, the tactics of declaring war and then waiting for the enemy to attack in your own territory is useful in reducing war warriness as well.

Comment

Working...
            X