Wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow

I just had to post this... this is quite possibly the best start I've ever had.

Thats the first turn, I still haven't moved either unit.

Gorgeous

You probably could get another killer city to the south set up if you move your settler north a square.

However it probably doesn't matter because a start this good usually only happens on some stupid island (while everyone else is on some other continent).
    May it come that all the Radiances will be known as ones own radiances

Comment

You could get at least three good cities in there. Move first settler north as VonSharma suggests, another settler settles three spaces below the first city, then another settler one tile west and then north-west from where the warrior presently is.

I'd irrigate the flood plains for the third city and use it as the gold mining city.

Comment

With Rome, too.

Settler 9 (nw) first city

2nd city from warrior 33 (se,se) on hill under your flag

3rd city on hill w of the gold, by the river.

At least, that's what I'd do. Then, growth, production, defence, and unhealthiness abound!

Comment

I'd probably found on the gold mine the warrior is on, it'd give a sweet city tile production and there are still 2 more goldmines to work, plenty of negative food.

Comment

I played it out a bit keeping the settler at that spot he started on. The way I figured it, I could pick up enough resources to deal with those floodplains by the time I needed them and I could see some forests at the borders of my vision there (it turned out to be 3 forests so I can chop 1 and keep 2 or keep all 3 and hope for another to grow). Also, the floodplains/pig provide the city with enough food to have a surplus at size 20 with no food improvements such as farms so I can get some early cottages down there and have a pretty solid commerce center. I found some ok city spots for expansion around where I settled (I have 8 city locations planned out right now, beyond the 3 I have) but my growth is really hampered right now by the raging barbs.

If anyones curious and wants to try that start the map is 6 civs, raging barbs, prince difficulty, tordorial style map, as augustus, continents, tropical, low sea level, huge, and marathon. Permanent Alliances and all victory conditions are enabled. Think that covers all the settings. Anyways, the save I took when I made that screenshot I put up for download here I'm probally only going to leave it up for a couple days though.

Comment

It would be better with more forests to cover up the health loss from the flood plains, and less gold because mines generate less production with gold.
              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
              The video may avatar is from

Comment

Well, thanks to being Augustus my happy cap is lower than the health cap in the capital, so the floodplain health loss isn't that big of an issue right now. And yes, higher production would be nice but high production cities are easy to find, just need a group of hills and some farmable terrain or food resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Will9
                  It would be better with more forests to cover up the health loss from the flood plains, and less gold because mines generate less production with gold.
                  I think the huge commerce from the gold all outweighs the loss of production. Other cities can be hammer-houses.

Comment

I'd build where the warrior is also.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I would probably move 1 tile south and found there, and put another city 87 or 88 from the start.

I'd love to play out that start, but for the fact that it's on a huge map (and has only 6!! civs).

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I set it up intentionally like that since later on my computer lags too much with alot of civs on a huge map, plus... big land mass, continents, and few civs really lets the barbarians thrive.

Comment

Working...
                        X