elephants can get sentry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CerberusIV
    Since elephants have a long history of working in logging and transportation for humans it would be nice if the ivory resource gave a 10% increase to how fast your workers do things. Might be a bit unbalancing though.
    I think the ivory resource requires the slaughtering of the elephants. Dead elephant are not easily convinced to lend a hand with logging and other such things.

Comment

Originally posted by Strudo

I think the ivory resource requires the slaughtering of the elephants. Dead elephant are not easily convinced to lend a hand with logging and other such things.
      Yeah, but you build War Elephants with the ivory resource...do you regrow an elephant at the end of a tusk?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Strudo

You can harvest Ivory by cutting or "trimming" the elephants tusks. Of course this takes considerably more time and effort than just shooting it, but it leaves the elephant alive.

You also don't get as much ivory at one time. But, again, it's more humane and leaves the animal alive.

Tom P.

Comment

Elephants with trimmed tusks aren't nearly as effective as war machines, though; much less intimidating.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

You know, the resource on the map is an elephant, not just it's tusk.
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              Elephants with trimmed tusks aren't nearly as effective as war machines, though; much less intimidating.
              Living where you do this might have happened, but I'll give it a shot anyway...)

You ever stood next to a 15 foot elephant and told them they are not that intimidating?

Tusks or not a 7 ton, 15 foot, charging elephant works just fine.

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                Yeah, that's why you get ivory and elephants. Both things from one resource.

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                  You know, everyone knows this, but given the premise of this thread, it seems more appropriate to overlook this knowledge
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Elephants are rather hard to overlook...
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

The idea of the thread was to look, using elephants. Elephants with sentry are elephants with the "look over" skill. So I don't think we should overlook the elephants while they are looking the territory over. (Blaupanzer slowly descends in a twisting spiral of madness intertwined with the words "look" and "over.")
                      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                      X