elephants can get sentry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blake
    The idea of elephants doing medic stuff made me rofl .
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
      An elephant would make a great mount for a scout in terms of visibility, which is what sentry reflects. As to the medic upgrade, no one seems to think the horses do the medical stuff, if another mounted unit is a medic, why do we think the elephants would do it in their case. In history, the howdah sits up front; behind him is a platform with people on it, a half dozen or so. So a dozen elephants are supported by 80+ people, who could be medics, if that is what you want.
      Partypooper.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

You can actually get off the elephants.

How else would they take a **** or piss?
        They can do both from "on high". One reason that it is better to be an elephant rider than a footsoldier when marching in a column.
        "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
          An elephant would make a great mount for a scout in terms of visibility, which is what sentry reflects. As to the medic upgrade, no one seems to think the horses do the medical stuff, if another mounted unit is a medic, why do we think the elephants would do it in their case. In history, the howdah sits up front; behind him is a platform with people on it, a half dozen or so. So a dozen elephants are supported by 80+ people, who could be medics, if that is what you want.
          Bah stop using logic! This is Apolyton, after all, and excessive use of reason has no place here.

Just imagine a medic I elephant giving some poor axeman a prostate exam instead....

Tony Soprano

Comment

* voted best thread

amphibious medic ? why not

imagine gettting an asp bite
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

In the spirit of the thread:

"General, our medic elephants have no problem applying pressure to the wounds, so far fewer soldiers are bleeding to death. However, the number of broken bones is way up."
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I think the elephants should either not be able to go through forest tiles, or should destroy the forest as they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritass
                  I think the elephants should either not be able to go through forest tiles, or should destroy the forest as they do.
                  Elephants live in the forests. They should cause roads to be grown over and forests to appear, not destroy them.
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Veritass
                    Nope. If you can lay a road in a jungle without destroying a jungle, and if a road is much wider than an Elephant, then you are not going to destroy the jungle by passing a file of Elephants through it. However, you might make the argument that the road should be easier to build since the Elephants have at least created usable paths for the roads to follow. I would not count on that argument getting you very far, though.
                    If you aren't confused,
                    You don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of David
                      Having sex with an elephant is mad!
                      Of all the goofyness in this thread this kind of jumpped out at me.

What the heck are you thinking!!

On second thought, I'm not sure I want clarification.

I'm just going to sit in the corner and rock myself to sleep.

Tom P.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Son of David
                        Having sex with an elephant is mad!

Originally posted by padillah

Of all the goofyness in this thread this kind of jumpped out at me.

What the heck are you thinking!!

On second thought, I'm not sure I want clarification.

I'm just going to sit in the corner and rock myself to sleep.

Tom P.
                        That was sort of a non-sequitor. I didn't even see it, really until you pointed it out.

It would be fun to have elephants be able to eat their way through jungles and forests, clearing them (without logging income in the case of forests) perhaps half as fast as a worker could. Would give them something to do during peacetime.

Tony Soprano

Comment

Maybe someone could mod in the ability to gift white elephants.

(to esoteric?)
                          Tom P.

Comment

Since elephants have a long history of working in logging and transportation for humans it would be nice if the ivory resource gave a 10% increase to how fast your workers do things. Might be a bit unbalancing though.
                            Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

(to esoteric?)
                              Tom P.
                              Pink elephants could also be made available to Civ's with a wine surplus.

Tony Soprano

Comment

way too funny

just have no one else to tell it to
                                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                                X