CS slingshot on Prince or above?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tokyo Sexwale
    It also depends on how many Civs you're playing against. It's much easier on a standard map with 7 civs than a large with 10 or 11... someone always seems to grab the Oracle early on those games.

For me, I can do the slingshot about 60% of the time on Prince with a large map, but only about 10-20% of the time on Monarch.
    Yeah it didn't help that several of the AI civs had stone/marble and I didn't. Trying to compete against an AI with Ind plus stone/marble is a pain in the ass when you really need a certain wonder. All of the stone/marble was a LONG way away from my starting position so there's no way I could have scored any. At least I got copper and Iron fairly quickly though.

Comment

Originally posted by khumak

I tried messing around with Trebs a bit and one thing I'm having trouble with is trying to get them enough exp that they can survive a fight. They can easily crush an archer inside a city but they get slaughtered by Longbowman or Crossbowman unless the treb has CR3 plus at least combat 1. To reliably survive against a longbowman/crossbowman a treb needs CR3 plus at least combat 3.
      Cats and trebs are initially expendable. Only those that have several promotions should be guarded carefully. Send in the new ones first. Most will die but some will retreat. Only after that initial collateral damage has been inflicted should you use your better siege units.
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Working...
      X