No announcement yet.

For the next XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see trade improved in the next expansion. And since diplomacy is a big part of trade, I would like to see diplomacy improved as well. However, I wouldn't necessarily want it to be the main focus.

A few things I would like to see added to trade include:
    - visible trade routes which could be attacked and defended
    - quantified resources, so that 1 resource may not be enough for an entire empire
    - multilateral trade embargoes
    "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Voted no.

Better trade, and even better warfare. Carrot & stick, etc.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

hmm, after my latest game with no coald (despite having a huge empire), I have decided the next XP should remove the coal requirement for railroads once you have combustion and oil.

Comment

Gotta be trade, it's the engine for exploration and technological advancement so often.
          www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            hmm, after my latest game with no coald (despite having a huge empire), I have decided the next XP should remove the coal requirement for railroads once you have combustion and oil.
            I'd think they'd need coal to make the tracks, though. Steel manufacturing.
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun

I'd think they'd need coal to make the tracks, though. Steel manufacturing.
              by that reasoning your cities shouldn't grow past size 12 since they can't build skyscrapers with no steel.

Iron can be heated with oil.

It's simply ridiculous to not have trains in the year 2030!!!!!!!!!. The fact is in 2006, we do not use coal powered trains. We use diesal powered trains.

Trains should run on oil, not coal.

Basically, the purpose of coal should be to provide an early boost to the industrial revolution, and provide power for those without oil. By the same token, there should be a natural gas power plant in addition to the coal plant. As I was unable to build power plants my last game as well. Except for a couple hydro plants (I missed the 3 gorges dam by about 7 turns). And nuclear plants are just worthless because they meltdown so much.

Comment

Maybe you should have turned more of the citizens in the cities with factories into engineers, and then you'd have got a Great Engineer to hurry the Three Gorges Dam along...

Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                  Iron can be heated with oil.

Trains should run on oil, not coal.
                  It's not the heating thats the issue here. To make steel you heat iron and then blow coal through it. It the addition of the carbon to the iron that makes the steel, not the heating.

Comment

Originally posted by greenday_234
                    Colonies, maybe a touch more complex than they were in Civ3
                    I have a feeling they're already planning on reviving Colonies in the next XP. Notice how in the diplomacy screen for Warlords it nows shows "City of ..." Why add that to the game unless there was a need to differentiate between a city and something else? Of course this is just a hunch on my part.

Comment

Improve the late part of the game!
                      bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Strudo

It's not the heating thats the issue here. To make steel you heat iron and then blow coal through it. It the addition of the carbon to the iron that makes the steel, not the heating.
                        surely they could come up with a little bit of coal somewhere. Coal seems like one of our common resources. I think China has extensives supplies, the U.S, Canada, Europe. I think some tropical countries lack it, maybe some african countries, and island nations.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

I have a feeling they're already planning on reviving Colonies in the next XP. Notice how in the diplomacy screen for Warlords it nows shows "City of ..." Why add that to the game unless there was a need to differentiate between a city and something else? Of course this is just a hunch on my part.
                          That might be an MP device to stop people renaming cheeseball cities as 'Artillery' and trading it to unsuspecting rival as if it were a tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

That might be an MP device to stop people renaming cheeseball cities as 'Artillery' and trading it to unsuspecting rival as if it were a tech.
                            Thats a great idea. Why didn't I think of it before I got Warlords

Comment

The next XP should make builder starts more fesable not increase the wrmogerers lead.
                              I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

I would very much like a way to change mountains and deserts into workable tiles.
                                I don't mean terraforming, but either a technology that implies montains/deserts: +1 nutrition/hammer/economy (mountain mining, e.g.) or a wonder like "winter tourism" that allows the production of, say, 2 economy on the mountaintops of that nation.

Comment

Working...
                                X