Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is "No religion" a religion? (Or how I neutered Izzy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is "No religion" a religion? (Or how I neutered Izzy)

Here's the deal:

On an island map I'm playing, Izzie didn't found a religion - I beelined to a few of 'em, and the other AIs nabbed

So, I'm sending a missionary over there and discover I can't spread Jewishness to her people. Why, I wonder?

I look... and she's in a theocracy. With no religion. No wonder she's so happy with me.

So, here's the question: will a religion spread to her naturally, or did she just doom her cities to be secular for the whole rest of the game?
    It's a CB.
    --
    SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Yep, they're doomed till she switches out.

IMO this is a bit of a bug.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Conquer one of her cities, install a religion and then let her take it back.

Better yet. If she is at war with someone else, either put your religion in a city she conquers or wait for her enemy to take one of her cities, install your religion, then help her get it back.

Seems a big process to get her to take your religion though. Saladin is a good one for going to Theocracy without a religion too

Comment

atheism

Comment

It is not necessary a religion to change religion'civics.

Just some, or all, of its effects do not apply.

Best regards,

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
            IMO this is a bit of a bug.
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

It is pointless to switch to Theocracy with no religion, and also Pacifism, but Organised Religion does have some advantages for civs with no state religion, ie easier spreading of religion due to missiionaries without monasteries and I have taken advantage of that. Where all religions are only present in a minority of cities each, often a situation in a game of many captured cities, 'no state religion' gives culture benefits, and running organised religion allows the spread of those religions, but theere is definitely no gain in running Theocracy or Pacifism in that situation.

Comment

The only situation were one would like switching to Theocracy whitout having any state religion is one were the player has stubbornly decided he wants a religion of his own and yet have not discovered any.

If the player now discovers a religion (at that point of game, only Taoism and Islam is left I think) and now (becouse of running theocracy) still has a lot of cities whitout a religion, then switching to the newly discovered religion will cause it to spread even whitout missionaires witch actually will make using late religions like Islam & Taoism somewhat possible. (though I think this all still happens too late to be really useful )

However, In the case of the A.I, it is clearly a bug since A.I do certainly not think about the situation this way.
                GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
                even mean anything?

Comment

this may be a stupid question, and I think I already know the answer, but I'm not 100% sure.

On wonders that give a bonus to a state religion such as Spiral Minoret; Do these bonus' work if you are free religion? I don't think they would as you don't have a state religion. I take it there's not point in building the spiral minoret if you are in free religion. I think there are a couple other buildings (or special buildings) that give bonuses to state religions.

Comment

there is a simple way to find that out.

1. start a game.

2.be the first to found islam then build spiral mineret.

3.wait untill free religion, switch, then go to the city that built the spiral mineret. it should say somthing.

4. Taadaa you have your awnser.

this should help

Cyrus.

Comment

No, Spiral Minaret (and U. of Sankore) do not work in Free Religion. And, there are no stupid questions. At least I tell myself that every time I ask something...

Maybe Theocracy without one of the seven game religions means the leader has their own animist religion, or like their people being atheists.
                      Sometimes I use my imagination to apply RL into the AI's reasoning. Even if there is a lot of stretching of said imagination.

Comment

Working...
                      X