Sadly Clueless About Multiplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadly Clueless About Multiplayer

I must be missing something obvious, because I can't figure out how to get to play other people. I'd be happy to play live or via email, but I don't understand how to find people to do this with!

I'm on a Macbook, using OSX Tiger.

Clicking multiplayer>lan brings me to a sadly empty lobby-like room. In fact anything I click from within civ iv brings me no connectivity to other people in any way. I downloaded an app called gameranger for macs, which appears to have populated lobbies for other games, but nothing for civ iv.

Somebody, please tell me what I'm missing and what I need to do to get to play other people! Thank you!!!

Go to multiplayer, internet and you will find that wacky place known as the Gamespy lobby. You will probably need to install the Gamespy software from your Civ4 CD and make a Gamespy account before you can sign on to the lobby.

As far as I know, Mac Civvers have access to the same lobby as normal Civers. Also, since I only play Warlords now, I am not sure what kind of traffic there is in the vanilla Civ4 lobby these days.
    "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Working...
    X