Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do vassal states' land areas count in dominance victory ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do vassal states' land areas count in dominance victory ?

I'm getting close to having a dominance victory and only need a little extra land to reach the required percentage when the Saladin popped up and asked for a capitulation.

I think I need to take at most one more city to win (or may be it's already enough after the 3 cities I recently took from the Arab expand their cultural boundaries) so I don't want to allow the surrender if it requires me to attack some other civ and slows me down. However, if the land areas of the vassal states count as part of the dominated land area then I want to allow him to surrender so I can win a few turns earlier.

Does anybody know the answer to that ? I let Saladin wait since last night for my decision .

Vassal states, whether peaceful or capitulated, contribute 1/2 of their real estate and their population to your domination scoring.

Comment

Apparently they also count towards a conquest victory as well. If you make vassals of all civs, without actually wiping them from the map, you'll win that victory condition.

Comment

Yep, it's great.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
          Vassal states, whether peaceful or capitulated, contribute 1/2 of their real estate and their population to your domination scoring.
          Thanks. That will help me in later games.

As for that game I was playing, I didn't want to take a risk of accepting the capitulation and then having to attack another civ to finish the game off for a domination victory so I just took two more cities. After the captured cities' boundaries expanded I won and got the best score ever for me, something like 64K at Monarch level.

I guess if I had accepted the capitulation then I could have won a few turns earlier and got an even better score. Next time then .

Comment

Working...
          X