No announcement yet.

new laptop, stats for civ4/warlords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pentium M 2.0GHZ, 768meg ram, Intel GMA900(198mb VRAM) and the games play smooth at medium quality in 1024x768! My last game was smooth at 1152x864, but maps with tons of tree is better in 1024x768.
    bleh

Comment

Oh yeah:
      Be sure to update the games. (last patch, last video drivers)

Try the BlueMod Graphics Pack. (at first, when the first patch was out, it have help me a lot to play game smoother, and try to resize how the city looks, with blue marble)
      bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
        It might be brand and new for you, but it certainly isn't brand and new technology.
        I know mate...it would run smoothly if it was new tech......incidently I am a tech journalist

Comment

: Dude, what you got now would be like trying to put a v8 motor in a mini body kit........It dont work!
          :
          :
          :I think its not your ghz but your processor itself, Celeron sucks for games dude... try if you can to get a Pentium 4 even a Athlon wouldnt hurt. Civ 4 works like a dream on my pc.

Specs are: 1 Gig RAM, 3.40Ghz (pentium 4 processor), 200 Gig HDD and 256 mbs' of pure muscle.

NubianMercenary
          Empires may come and go, but the word of God remains eternal.

Comment

But that's not a laptop Nubian. I guess that it's a laptop he needs and wants to play on. I still agree that you shouldn't use a Celeron though ally.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

cheers. I don't actually use the laptop for Civ, I do have a home PC that runs Civ4 and warlords well at lower graphics settings anyway. Graphics has never been a top priority for me.

It was just getting the new laptop and the fact that I have to travel with work, and it would have given me something to do in the hotel at night. Looks like its either running up the expences on alcohol, or loading Command and Conquer or Civ 3

Comment

If you're on a desktop and want to upgrade from Celeron, get a Pentium M.

IMO, power consumption > absolute performance. By a large margin.

Comment

my home PC has a 2.4 Northwood processor

Comment

What's that in Consumer?

Comment

It's the Pentium 4 with 512kb L2.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                      X