Civ 4 just shuts down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 4 just shuts down!

3 day old PC. Game Civ 4 bundled with my Gigabyte 7600GT card.

Playing for a while and the program just shuts down back to Windows!!! VERY ANNOYING!

I have the latest patch.

The "crash to desktop" issue is one that affects most games on certain machines for various reasons. Things to check for:

Latest version of DirectX. Keep in mind that even though DirectX 9.0c may be shown, there are various versions of 9.0c. There is an installer for it on the Civ 4 CD.

You should also make sure you have upgraded to version 1.61 or installed the Warlords expansion.

Make sure you have the latest sound card drivers as well as video card drivers. Many people don't realize that the sound drivers are very important and can cause major problems if not updated.

Comment

if it happens more often, try disabling sound in your ini-file.
      if it works you have trouble with your sound-settings (I was able to work-around selecting "adopt windows-setting" instead of Stereo or mono or whatever in the options/audio menu of civ) - if it doesn't help, at least you can exclude your soundcard from the list of possible reasons...

Comment

My system properties are AMD Sempron(tm) 2800+ 2.19GHz, 768 MB of RAM. Every time I play, my computer automatically resets because if the CPU Temp. gets to 60*C, the computer resets. VERY ANNOYING!!!!! It says a hardware problem. I have a NVIDIA video card and I meet the min requirements. I need help or direction to a "device driver" so my CPU Temp doesn't reach 60*C.

Comment

If your machine is resetting due to a CPU overheat, you need to replace your CPU fan with something that can meet the demands you put on it.

Comment

No overheating. All seams fine at the moment. I have a Core2Duo. Runs nice and cool.

Comment

Working...
            X