Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [off-topic] what's this banana thing ?

In this forum I see a slightly unsettling propensity to refer to bananas in various contexts, e.g. 'Give the man a banana!' etc..

Maybe it's because I am writing from the Old World that I am unfamiliar with this usage (might I say hijacking) of this otherwise fine and enjoyable fruit?

So, pray tell kind people, could someone please enlighten me a bit as to the cyber-etymology of the banana?

Much obliged!
    "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

"Banana" is generally used as a non-commital response.

If someone asked you who do you like better the Romans or the Greek and you saw a problem with both answers you'd say "Banana".

This is mostly used in polls where a certain question is being asked and, where you may not want to give your oppinion, you still want to see the results. You can only see the results if you have participated in the poll or if the poll is closed. So people vote banana just to see the results of the poll.

This has now grown completly out of hand to the point of giving the banana's names and refereing to them in cases where you just want to be annoying.

The discovery of Cannan Banana, Zimbabwe's first President hasn't helped either.

Tom P.

Comment

Asked an answered... and since it is Off Topic...

Case closed
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
      X