Conquest Through Vasselage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquest Through Vasselage

Well... I got my first conquest victory the other day. Was just playing a 'quick' game on a small map on Marathon. Anyway, as it was only a small map there were only 5 civs including me, which actually makes for a totally different game to having 9 or 10 civs... anyway. I had 3 civs as my vassals, and was just about to make JC my vassal, thinking that 50% of his remaining land this would easily put me over the edge in land etc to win a domination victory but it seems that if everyone is your Vassal you get to win a Conquest victory! Ha!

Never had a conquest victory before because I always get a domination victory first if I'm going that route. Cool victory video!
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Indeed, vassals greatly increase your chances of domination

Comment

Conquest!
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Re: Conquest Through Vasselage

Originally posted by MikeH
        it seems that if everyone is your Vassal you get to win a Conquest victory! Ha! Cool victory video!
        Great. Wondered how to acheive that victory without burning down most of a continent to avoid domination. Thanks!
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

This is actually really good to know. I have actually never gotten a conquest victory because it's so tedious playing through the endgame when you could achieve domination a lot faster.

Maybe this will make it a bit less tedious.

Comment

Yes, domination usually comes first. The only time I've seen the conquest video was playing the barb scenerio.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've seen all the videos now, but I've never done a Cultural Victory myself. I may have to try that one.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Best way to get Conquest victory is to use terra maps which usually do not have quite enough total land space in the 'Old World' to qualify.

Comment

Re: Re: Conquest Through Vasselage

Originally posted by Blaupanzer

Great. Wondered how to acheive that victory without burning down most of a continent to avoid domination. Thanks!
                  Switch off Domination victory condition?
                  or else take on the biggest enemy last? not easy this way.

Comment

Working...
                  X