Being Friends with Everyone from the start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Friends with Everyone from the start

Is there a way thru Python/SDK programming to be able to be at peace with every Civ right from the start so that I do not have to meet them one by one throughout the game?

I Want to be able to watch the AI as they are making their moves (like I could with Civ 3 thru the debug/reveal map modes) but so far, I've been able to reveal the entire map, but are not able to watch as they are building/moving/battling, etc. Only can see them after they have finished their turn.

I did notice that since I have "show friendly moves" clicked, everytime an animal moves, the camera centers itself on the animal and I can watch as the animal moves. The only way to also make this happen with the rest of the AI units, is to be at peace with them.

So if anyone can help me with this issue, I'd appreciate it. Thanks for reading.

Main menu > Game details: check 'allow debug tools'

when back in the game hit ctrl-z

Comment

Thanks Nacht, I'll try it.

Comment

I tried setting the all the ai to be on the same team as me. i turned of conquest, domination, cultural and diplomatic win, and when I started the game I could see all the ai units, their cities when they built them etc. Tech research is skewed as you all put beakers into a common tech pool. It seems like a good way to see how the AI plays the game
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

How do I put the AI on the same team with me?

Comment

On the Custom Game screen, you can set which team everyone is on.
            Empty.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanCitizen
              On the Custom Game screen, you can set which team everyone is on.
              Umm, I can't find anywhere on the Custom Game Screen where I can set this feature. I have vanilla Civ 4, is this a new feature with Warlords?

Comment

in the list of civs, there's a column (second one, i believe) for team. set yourself and the ai you want to team with to the same number. it's not new to warlords.
                it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Oooh now I get it. Thanks

Quick question: For all the AIs that I place on my team, would they make war against each other even thought they are on the same team?

Comment

players on a team wont go to war with each other.

watching the AI play is not a particularly good way to learn, because the AI isn't particularly good. theyre ok at city placement, but that should become intuitive fairly rapidly. the only reason the AI seems difficult is becaue they build more units and at higher levels, because they have research/production/starting bonuses. building units is easy to learn, you jsut have to learn to get over 'mental blocks' (as was mentioned in another thread). you don't *need* a library, barracks, and market in every single city.

Comment

teammates are joined at the hip. diplomatic decisions apply to all team members, but the ai will defer to you completely. they cannot go to war with you. they will automatically offer you resources if they have them. technology is shared, but you can direct them to research separately from yourself (mostly useful when trying to get religions - never, ever let your ai "friend" get a holy city).
                      it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Working...
                      X