Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Blake....

...or other micromanagement perfectionists:

Do we know the behavior of overflowing hammers from chop when a production bonus is applied?

By this I mean:

Let us suppose that I am playing an Aggressive Civ. Thus, my hammer counts are doubled when building a barracks, including hammer counts from non-standard production methods--Pop and/or Chop.

So if I time a chop such that it happens when I have 1 hammer left on my barracks, the game sees that I'm building a barracks, gives me 100% more than the usual hammers for the chop (40, in a standard speed game). One hammer gets applied to finish the barracks, and I keep 39 to apply to my next build?

If so, have I not just gained more hammers than a standard, full-powered chop?

If no one has tested this, I'll test it when I get home and can load up a game of civ....was just thinking about how to maximize hammers gained from the essentially non-renewable source that the forest tiles represent. It seems to me that if the behavior above is indeed the way it works, then the absolute best use of chops would be those that take place after math, while running Org. Rel, and when building one of your "double speed" improvements, and preferably, at the tail end of said improvement's build cycle, so that all the excess hammers created would carry over to the next thing you're building.

I know that when you pop rush, the overflow is capped such that it won't exceed the number of hammers required to build whatever you just rushed, but I wasn't sure if that basic mechanism also held true in the case of overflow from chop (ie., is the behavior generic to overflow itself, or specific to pop rushing, with a second set of rules governing overflow from chop).

Just...a little something I've been mentally playing with....

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

I'm 99% confident it corrects it back to what it was, or indeed corrects it up.

So if your finish a library with a carry over hammers to your barracks build the hammers are increased.
    www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Chopping and overflow is a "It just works" system. So what basically happens when chopping the aggressive barracks at 59/60 is you get 40 hammers applied, that overflow (39) is then reduced by the 100% bonus - so halved - the next turn you get 19 raw hammers in overflow, if you build say a granary (lets say Genghis), then that gets increased by 100% to 38 hammers.

If you want to test something, see if you can get extra overflow from an org.rel spiritual switch-a-roo, whip (or chop) a building 1 hammer from completition under org.rel (so 36 hammers overlow) then switch out of org.rel and end the turn, the overflow adjustment should not know about the +25% bonus and thus award you the extra 7 raw hammers - of course this would only be useful if they go to a unit, since the org.rel bonus has been lost for 4 more turns.

Comment

I'm actually glad. It woulda been a "gamey" exploit, so I'm glad it's not possible.

-=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Working...
        X