Worker Ques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worker Ques

Does anyone else get really annoyed when they set a worker to do 10-15 actions or something in a row and 2 turns later have a barbarian or some other enemy sneak back to that worker and cause it to clear its entire que?

I never fill the queue with so many actions, normally I fill it with just 3-5 actions, as there can always be circumstances which make it wise to cancel your actions (for example to use the worker to improve another tile first)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

if the worker just keeps on working and get captured a turn later, won't u whine about that then?
      http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Why annoyed? Lucky one, gets the queu cleared and not the worker.

Best regards,

Comment

I never queue the workers, I take one action at a time until RR, when I automate them.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

how do you queue worker actions? [/noob]
            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

While worker is selected, hold down shift key. Click action button for worker.
              Using keyboard shortcuts (e.g., "i" for irrigate/farm) for worker jobs do not work for queues.

BTW, queues are also available for other units. Just hold down the shift key and order the moves in the order to be performed.

Comment

It gets a bit annoying, but not as annoying as when your worker moves toward an enemy while building roads. I always forget to check, and suddenly, I'm down one worker.

Comment

Originally posted by fed1943
                  Why annoyed? Lucky one, gets the queu cleared and not the worker.

Best regards,
                  Probally, but many times I'm able to get a unit there, or even have units with the worker guarding it and it still gets cleared. Guess what I'm getting at is it would be nice to have a button to resume the que or to move away and return to the que later.

Comment

Working...
                  X