Major problems with Warlords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major problems with Warlords

I have looked through the many threads and have not been able to find answers to my problems, nor anyone else with similar questions.

For some reason I am not able to access many of the following features in the game:

1. There are no options available on the main play screen (ie nothing to click around the outside of the screen, move, build, etc).
    2. I cannot access the city screen/menu.
    3. None of the F-Keys work.
    4. Clicking the options choice in the main menu does nothing.

Checking for updates says it is patched. XP is up to date.
    The only option I have is to unistall both CIV4 and Warlorads and try again.

Any helpful ideas?

Drew

Can't recall hearing about these problems before now. An uninstall/reinstall seems appropriate. Before you do so, a couple of questions:

* Does your system meet the minimum requirements?

* Did the game ever work? Were you able to run Civ 4 vanilla before installing Warlords? If the game ran, what changed?

Petek
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Did you run any Mods ?
      Do you have this problems with Civ4 vanilla, now ?
      What is the version of Civ4 vanilla ?

Comment

I had this problem too. I reversed the polarity on my hard drive and everything worked again. *shrug*

Comment

Kuciwalker is pulling our legs I suspect. (What is a Kuci? And why would you, or should you, walk one? THESE are the day's key questions! )
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

It's a combination of Kucinich and Skywalker, both prior user names of Kuciwalker.

I prefer "Waffleboy", but only in the breakfast food sense.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Yes my system more than meets the requirements.

Original Civ worked just fine.

Have not run any MODS.

I Believe its ver 1.6. Warlords auto started Original CIV update before installing.

I will try and change the polarity of my HD with this big assed magnet I have.

Drew

Comment

try reinstall, seriously
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Refrag your hard drive and run memmaker and load your mouse high.

Comment

Originally posted by Older than Dirt
                    Refrag your hard drive and run memmaker and load your mouse high.
                    Don't forget to set your Stacks.........or use QEMM..

Comment

I think AST sells an ISA card that will give you a full two megabytes of expanded memory ... that might help.

It uses the UMB to swap out memory ... so you will need to not use DOS=high,umb .

Comment

I don't know what the hell the last few posts have meant, but my guess is you had changed something in the XML/had mods installed.

try clearing the cache first

if that don't work:

A fresh install fixed it for me
                        As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
                        atrocities.
                        - Voltaire

Comment

dos humor for the win...
                          "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

One problem I have had centers around rolling the mouse cursor over things. After giving a worker and oder, all that is displayed when I roll over anything else is the last order that was given. I simple fix to this is to click on a city and then all returns to normal. But this did not happen in v 1.6 so it would seem apporpriate to think Warlords has something to do with this. anyone else?

Comment

Rolling the mouse over your civ flag to the left of the mini map should clear this problem up. It's a problem I've found to be more frequent with Warlords but the fix doesn't slow the game down a great deal (though it would if you had to fix it by going into a city each time it occurred).
                              LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Working...
                              X