anyone else seen this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else seen this?

chunks of the mini-map are missing, sometimes it changes when I move a unit. Is this a problem anyone else has seen? or is it just me?

screenshot?

Comment

Yes, I've seen it. It shows one-half of the map; move the cursor, it shows the other half. Problem extended in my case to the zoomed out map as well. I jumped out of that game, but I noted I had built my first city right on the dividing line, on the coast. This being able to see only part of your capitol's squares on other than the basic map was way too distracting. This was in Civ IV vanilla; I've not seen this in Warlords. Didn't even save the game, so no screen shot.
      Last edited by Blaupanzer; August 30, 2006, 11:19.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

It's more or less a mainstay for me in Warlords. In vanilla Civ4 this was mostly solved with one of the later patches.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

GeoModder, do you mean by "mainstay" that you see it all the time. Yuck! Maybe you should post a save.
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I've almost always this. Lokks like the pointer of the minimap starting square is off, and the x = 0 axis in the main map has a weird behaviour. I reported that to Firaxis quite a long time ago, but I blame it on my sub-par video card.
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I am almost certain it is not due to one brand-type of video card, since mine is proprietary to my company and not available to non-Government customers. The event does seem related to the civ's relationship to the zero axis prior to the discovery of calendar. Does it go away if you keep playing, perhaps at the discovery of calendar?

Comment

No. I always get it, but it's less annoying once you've uncovered some fog of war beyond on the other side of the 0 axis.
                Clash of Civilization team member
                (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I've had similar problems, and turning down the graphics details fixed it. Also I only get it on larger maps. It's bad enough that I can't really play huge maps.

Of course my video card is horribly under powered so I too blame it on that.

Comment

how do I post a screenshot? my picture doesn't have a URL. Also, it seems to only happen on the smaller maps like.

Comment

it definatly seems to be worse on some map types, and not as bad on other types. I suppose I just have to hope it gets addressed in a patch.

Comment

Originally posted by mikey344
                        how do I post a screenshot? my picture doesn't have a URL. Also, it seems to only happen on the smaller maps like.
                        Assuming that you know how to capture one, hit post reply and use the attach file box near the bottom. Suply the location on your HD and it will display pic type files.
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

ok thanks ,will try to get a good screenshot

Comment

my mini map jumps around, but not often
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                            X