No announcement yet.

Gandhi start on Warlords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is really a variant of the Prophet slingshot that Blake proposed for the vanilla version of the game when playing Saladin. Now that Gandhi has the same traits as Saladin used to have, it should work just about the same except that workers are more effective for Gandhi but the chop strategy is much weaker.

The basic strategy goes for Stonehenge and uses the Prophet to lightbulb Code of Laws just before the Oracle which then has the choice of Philosophy or Civil Service. At the time this strategy was proposed, Blake favoured quite strongly the Philosophy approach which enabled Pacifism for +100% GPP (or +200% with the PHI trait) and, more importantly, founded Taoism in the same city as Confucianism. The next GP, it was proposed would be used to part research Civil Service and from there it must be assumed that you are well on your way to a big early head start.

Having looked at the revised leaders, Gandhi was one that certainly stood out as being strong. The PHI/SPI mix is very strong already and this gets coupled with the most powerful UU in the game – stronger even that Praets.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
      So when do you guys start building wonders? I think I wait too long (like when I get 4 cities up and running). I hate being locked down building a wonder before then. I need another city to crank out settlers, and another to build military troops. so I need at least 3 before building a wonder.
      Early wonders are usually linked to a specific early-game play (strategy). The big play for a PHI civ is to get some GPP which, with the trait bonus, throws out a very early GP.

Comment

Working...
      X