Team game with AI from Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team game with AI from Start

I was trying something new: Play team game with AI from start.

Here is my setup:
    huge, pangea, monarch, 9 teams, 2 civs each.

Playing Churchill and team mate is Catherine.
    we both always research same tech.
    manage to get CS slingshot.
    as expected, our military was the last of the pack. Catherine had 6 or 7 cities. I had two.
    From there I build military, while beeline to Machinery. We both had Bronze Working long ago, and has Copper mine for sometimes.

Problem:
    Catherine was way behind in military. Only one archer guarding her cities, except Moscow guarded by two archers. She has copper mine, but not online. Her workers busy doing something else.
    I cant recall any civ guard their cities like this. I thought at least AI will put TWO archers in cities.

At first I tought, team mate AI will 'follow' human player style. I mean I build less military and so do the AI.
    But thats not the case. Once I slingshot to CS, i build military, but she still building culture stuff!

Not long after, Genghis/Isabella attacked us. Three of Catherine cities falls. I sent my army to defend her and conquer Isabella. Once situation 'under control' (still at war), Catherine stop building army. She prefer to build stables and forges. Her cities only guarded with ONE archer. So, I have to station my troops there.

Why is the AI ignore defense at all ? Is this just my bad luck or what ?

The ai sucks at defense normally, I'm not quite sure why you think it won't suck as part of a team.

Comment

"Imperialistic, Creative"

Comment

Originally posted by Thrak
        The ai sucks at defense normally, I'm not quite sure why you think it won't suck as part of a team.
        Yeah, I know AI sucks. I just try something new.
        What puzzle me is the defense worst then normal.
        Usually AI will guard their cities with at least TWO archers, not ONE. She has time to build that two archers or make the copper mine online, but she didn't.
        I also thought one of worker priority is to make resources online?

Comment

Try a new teamate, or perhaps, redo, and see if she was just being weird, perhaps try Monty, or Tok, or one of those people.
          "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
          Check out my Blog!

Comment

This gave me an idea for a poll:

Who would you be, and who would be your team mate in this generic game?
            -AI+human team game
            -Continents or Pangaea
            -Monarch or Emperor
            -Large or Huge
            -14-16 Civs (7-8 teams)
            -All victory conditions "on"
            -Everything else "Random", "Normal" or "Generic"

I sense the OP is leaning towards warmongering, so lets say you want to fight for victory.

I can't make this a poll, since there are some 1200 variations. But I'd like som thoughts and maybe some experience.

My initial thougths would be Mansa Musa (human) and Monty. Fuel that ol'bastard with state-of-the-art troopers and he might do some serious damage for you. He might wreck your diplomacy tho.

Or maybe pick a scientific civ to fuel your own troopers?

- Cal
            "He [Caligula] has no more chance of becoming Emperor than of riding a horse across the Gulf of Baiae" - contemporary astrologer

Comment

sounds like an interesting game.

maybe the code thinks your units are also theirs, so it thinks it has enough. Though it should know they aren't positioned right (inside the cities). hmm.

Comment

Yes, it is quite an interesting game.
                The leadership score change very very often. One who was on the bottom could go up to the top rank in a couple of turns.

The game dynamic is different with normal game.
                Musa and Toku in a same team, but different religion.
                Capac/Hannibal lead in science.
                Shaka/Brennus are really good too.
                The leader of the pack was Hatshephut/Bismark, until I conquer half of Bismark teritory.
                Monty/Roosevelt didnt do to well.
                Cyrus/Napoleon started to lag.
                Mehmed/Alex are not doing to well due to their starting location.
                Early in the game Genghis/Isabella was strong. Isabella had holycity of Judaism.

Anyway, I just finished researching Guilds. Catherine back to her normal play style. She had couples of Horse Archers and now building Knights.

Or maybe pick a scientific civ to fuel your own troopers?
                I cant really say much about the pairing because this is my first game of the kind.
                As above, pairing warmonger and builder not really help, unless they have holy city or huge gpt.

Starting location is important too. I had to defend Catherine as best as I could, otherwise it would be me vs the packs. Luckily Catherine was not to far a way from me.

Comment

Simple answer on the copper: Send a worker over there and build the road for her.

Comment

Working...
                  X