Favorite Trait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Trait

I'm taking out financial though, since I suspect it'll still take most of the votes, so excluding financial, what is your favorite trait?
    Expansive
    0.00%
    Industrious
    17.57%
    Imperialistic
    8.11%
    Creative
    8.11%
    Aggressive
    1.35%
    Protective
    6.76%
    Charismatic
    14.86%
    Organized
    9.46%
    Philosophical
    9.46%
    Spirtiual
    13.51%
    Bananaistic
    10.81%
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Voted banana, I can't decid.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Either Industrious or Creative, therefore I voted for Creative.
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Imperialistic, by FAR.

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
          Imperialistic, by FAR.
          QFT.

Comment

Aggressive is still the most likey trait to be the one I wish I had...

Sometimes there's just no substitue to having superier melee units.

Imperialistic is probably my pick of the Warlords traits, I like the style a lot, since I like to expand quickly at the start then warr until the end of time.

Comment

Imperialistic gets you a GG ridiculously early, and several more in short sequence.

Comment

Depends a lot.
                Every time I have won a spacerace victory witch often is what my objective is (since it is far more difficult than winning a conquest- or cultural victory on a pangea on Emperor difficulty and thus more fun) I have been a creative civ.

Getting borders to expand quickly and that second culture-expansion somewhat early makes for a much easier game due to possiblities to block the A.I out from reaching good areas for their settlers. Also, if A.I builds cities near you cities, they will likely flip much earlier.
                GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
                even mean anything?

Comment

Creative seems to help the early game a great deal. Organized or financial really ease the middle/later game. If I pick a leader without creative, I seem to fall too far behind to pull it out.
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Banana --
                    Because I will never know. I'm only on my 4th (huge marathon) game of Warlords, and I have been a Caesar in almost every Civ4 game I've played.

Comment

Great Generals are so hard to get on Marathon that it's kinda broken (you're lucky to get more than 2 in 1000 turns). The makes imperialistic an inferior trait on Marathon (yay I get a 3rd GG?).

I love Spiritual, and when I hate playing without it. Aggresive is good too, and also something I miss...

Comment

When this poll was done for the original version of Civ4, Banana beat Expansive and Organized put together. As a result, somebody actually made a Banana Trait mod. (Monte became Agg/Ban, Izzy Ban/Spi.)

I think my favourite is Philosophical. It was already strong; with the Great Wall, it's a monster.
                        Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

Originally posted by zeace
                          Great Generals are so hard to get on Marathon that it's kinda broken (you're lucky to get more than 2 in 1000 turns). The makes imperialistic an inferior trait on Marathon (yay I get a 3rd GG?).

I love Spiritual, and when I hate playing without it. Aggresive is good too, and also something I miss...
                          I edited my xml file so that getting GG is easier on marathon.
                          Look at post #26 on how to mod the xml.
                          http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=155467

btw, Charismatic is

Comment

I voted for Industrious, I just love wonders. But spiritual is a close second. Probably 1st in marathon games where anarchy is such a pain in the ass. It is so nice to switch back and forth at ease.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Depends on the game specs, but at a random settings probably Protective. Quick drill upgrades can be very useful for archer units especially when you want for resources.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X