AI Nukes and Barbarians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Nukes and Barbarians

I am experiencing a bit of a problem late game with Barbarian cities appearing in the unpopulated frozen wastes.

A Barbarian city just took no less than 20 nuclear strikes from Washington, and 22 from Huayna Capac (according to the log).

It has sent global warming rocketing.

In any even that is overkill for a size 1 or 2 city.

I may just have to teach them a lesson.....
    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

I have never seen an AI launch a nuke. What settings are you playing at? Did you nuke someone first?
    "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

No, I have not launched a nuke ever.
      The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

MasterDave was asking what difficulty you were playing at, Destroyer. Also, were you playing with Raging Barbarians or Aggressive AI.

Comment

I have heard that the AI will build nukes in Warlords (but would never in Vanilla).
          It is hilarious that they will launch them at barbs.

Comment

Monarch, normal barbs and aggression.

It was during peacetime, so I guess thhey had no one else to fight. It was the only barby city on the map, and i am guessing it just appeared

Comment

A bug, if anything. Everything else is peacefull, and the AI starts nuclear winter... Or summer.
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Doesnt sound like a bug.... just poor AI decision process.
                DONT MAKE BANANA ANGRY !

Comment

That has happened to me before. I was trying to recreate some sort of Cold war scenario and I gave Stalin 20 nukes, and he used them ALL on a few barbarian cities!

Comment

This actually says a lot about the cleverness of the AIs, even though it backfires in this case. Looks like the AI bases it's decision on whether or not to nuke someone based on the diplomatic consequences of nuking that civilization. Since everybody is always at war with the barbarians and nobody likes them, they are going to be a prime target for nukes.

Has anyone been nuked or seen a civilization nuked when they were at war with nearly everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer
                      No, I have not launched a nuke ever.
                      Me neither, though I've only played one game on Warlord
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Has anyone been nuked or seen a civilization nuked when they were at war with nearly everyone?
                        Last night when I was playing a game the AI had a Nuke Bonanza or something...

As soon as one AI attacked another...(just 1vs1 fight) they started to nuke the living **** out of eachother. 10-20 nukes in both directions. This happenes 3 times between different nations over like 20 turns...and of course global warmign sky rocketed. WTF is up with that? Happened in 2 games already...

Is it Civilization IV - Nukelords actualy?

Comment

There was a bug in original Civ4, which made AI reluctant to build and use nukes, that was fixed in Warlords.

Which obviously led to more AI nuking.

Comment

Our words were backed with nuclear weapons...
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Well...alright...bug fix..but Hello?!
                              Worst case scenario during The Cold War included less nukes used than the AI Do use...ohh well...so far they have not been used at me. We will see...

Comment

Working...
                              X