No announcement yet.

Vassal Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your relation? Friendly? Pleased? Cautious?

If you scroll over the red does it say, "We just don't like you enough?"

Comment

Pleased, and no... they're regular techs that I could buy/trade for, I can't demand them from my vassal anymore though since my relations are too high.

Comment

I don't understand the circumstances that well, but I'm sorry, I don't think I can help you.

Comment

Ok, let me try to explain it clearer.

Mehmed declared war on me, I responded and forced him to capitulate.

After capitulation my relations were poor enough with him that his technologies were red with the "We just don't like you enough/We will never trade with you, our worst enemy" texts.

To get his relations up hoping I could start demanding those techs (though it seems odd he can refuse), I forced him to switch to my religon and gifted him some resources. This got my relations with him up to Pleased.

Once you're at Pleased you can't make an "arrogant demand" instead, you're only able to ask nicely for a technology. Theres no way I can "force" my vassal into giving me stuff anymore, because I'm on too good of terms. My whole question was, is that intended?

Comment

The only thing you can demand from a vassal is a resource. You cannot demand a tech from him. and, if you are too pushy on demanding a resource, they can refuse without a declaration of war. If that happens, just wait a turn or two and you can demand again.

Yes, this is annoying. If they are a vassal you should be abel to do whatever you want with them and they should be able to declare war if they don't like it.

but, as has been pointed out by jaybee, if you get them on your side, and treeat them nicely, you can rake in the cash. I'm playing a game as America (Archipi..., large ....pangea is for hippies ) right now and China is my vassal, I've treated him well and now he gives me like 50 gpt. Not too bad...

sparky

Comment

I undertstand Brael.

I don't think "demands" differ even if it's "will you spare this for a good friend," or "we demand you give this in tribute."

However, maybe if you wait a while and do some other "fair" deals with them, they might give in.

Comment

Well, even if I can't get techs from them, I can get a nice chunk of gold. I ended up taking many of the resources I ended up gaining from the wars and selling them back to my vassals (I even went as far as giving one of my vassals a shrine with a great prophet I made so he would have more gold per turn for me to take). I'm now bringing in 146/turn from the Ottomans, 98/turn from the English, 158/turn from the Koreans, and 45/turn from the Zulus. That adds up to a pretty good chunk of gold. I've essentially turned those 7 cities split between the 4 vassal civs into another 30% science, and that extra science let me research stuff to trade so I got the techs I was missing anyways.

Comment

Now THAT's craftsmenship.

Comment

Working...
                  X