Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Warlords easier v. the AI than Vanilla Civ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say slightly easier, but nothing crazy.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I actually find the Great Wall to be quite balanced, and when playing on Monarch, I always come very close to someone else building it first if I'm not industrious.

Still, it's kind of cool to have all those barbarians diverted around your borders towards the AI.

Comment

Barbarians seems to be harder and Vassal can help the agressive player to win a domination victory.

Maybe that's why the poll seem to be pretty balanced. But since the first part of the game is the most important I will say that Warlord is harder than Vanilla.

"Warlords is a little easier. 22 30.56%"

"Warlords is a little harder. 23 31.94%"
        bleh

Comment

Warlords is harder because the Slavery bug is fixed, and it's so powerful in Vanilla.

Comment

have not played the same amount f games to determine just yet
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by DaviddesJ
              Warlords is harder because the Slavery bug is fixed, and it's so powerful in Vanilla.
              I haven't noticed a change in slavery and whipping between Warlords and Vanilla. Can you define the difference?
              "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Originally posted by MasterDave

I haven't noticed a change in slavery and whipping between Warlords and Vanilla. Can you define the difference?
                I don't know where to find a good explanation of slavery on Apolyton. There are lots on CFC. Basically, in vanilla Civ, the number of hammers you get when you pop rush is not always proportional to the number of citizens you enslave. Sometimes it's more than you would expect, sometimes less. You can take advantage of this to get almost twice as many hammers as you "should", from slavery.

In Warlords, the number of hammers you get is always equal to the number of population enslaved, times 30, times the game speed multiplier, times the production bonus (with penalties for wonders or for rushing an entire production in a single turn).

Comment

I was happy they fixed it because I'm too lazy to figure out when it would benefit or hurt me.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I didn't realize that the output varied before. I just enjoy whipping the unhappy ingrates that just sit around in my cities eating the food.
                    "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

I had read the thread and knew there was definite advantage but thought about the 10 or 15 seconds you have in an MP game to consider it and said screw it.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

never noticed a difference in whipping.

after several more games I think warlords is slightly more difficult than Civ4 vanilla. I think they slightly nerfed a few things, made a few tweaks to the ai's. And they are a little more competitive. But only slightly.

Comment

Now that I've played several games in Warlord, I have to agree that Warlord is easier. Since I'm a total warmongering maniac, having so many new tools to use is absolutely wonderful. The AI never seems to use the Great General up to its potential.

Comment

Working...
                          X