thinking back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking back

I just remembered in my first games of civ4 (before patch 1.61) My computer would just show blury screens when I built a wonder, but I would see quick glimpses of leaders of the nation that built the wonder (like Alexander for the Oracle). Soon after cIV came out my computer stoped letting me get on cIV. I left it and didn't get to fixing it tell April. I then got the patch and no glimpses of the leaders. Did any else see this?
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Say again?
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Are...Are you...on any medications?

Comment

My mind is working fine, Prussia, although some would beg to differ.

Before patch 1.61 when I built a wonder the wonder video would just be a blury, but there would sometimes be quick flashes of clear screens. About half of them would be leaders of the nation that built the wonder in real life (as I said I saw quick glimpses of Alexander when I built the Oracle. I never remembered seeing this because I didn't play civ from November til April and I could get patch 1.61 when I started playing civ again. And no leaders were in the wonder videos.

Comment

I'm sorry, mate, just a meaningless joke.

Do you mean you saw the animated Civ 4 leaders?
          It doesn't make much sense because there is no reason for the game designers to put in the programming who actually constructed the wonder. Unless there was to be some kind of bonus system for creating your own wonder that was cancelled out, I cannot see why a glitch like that, or how, could happen.

Comment

Re: thinking back

Originally posted by Will9
            I just remembered in my first games of civ4 (before patch 1.61) My computer would just show blury screens when I built a wonder, but I would see quick glimpses of leaders of the nation that built the wonder (like Alexander for the Oracle). Soon after cIV came out my computer stoped letting me get on cIV. I left it and didn't get to fixing it tell April. I then got the patch and no glimpses of the leaders. Did any else see this?
            I have only seen the wonders , which construct before your eyes versus just ~POOF~ there they are

I am wondering if its a Graphics Glitch possibly??

Just a SWAG
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

If I click ok on a wonder movie quickly I'll sometimes hear the first few notes of the diplomacy music for the leader I'm playing...
              No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
                If I click ok on a wonder movie quickly I'll sometimes hear the first few notes of the diplomacy music for the leader I'm playing...
                post patch or pre patch or both?
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Can people who refer to Civilization IV and it's potential sequel, Civilization V as cIV and ciV respectively, please be banned.

Thanks.
                  Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Well, I'm holding out for ciVIlization myself...
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                      Can people who refer to Civilization IV and it's potential sequel, Civilization V as cIV and ciV respectively, please be banned.

Thanks.
                      here! here! I second that.

Comment

Banned from what and for how long? Maybe just issuing a mental health warrant on them all would suffice.

Comment

No, can't say I have ever seen any representations of the said leaders in the wonders movies.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I think it's clever. Why should people be banned for using "cIV?"

If someone working at Firaxis sees this, please explain.

I still like my theory of a possible bonus for building certain wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela

Thanks.
                              That is like banning someone for using IIRC. BTW cIV is in the glosary of terms as CIV since they are all capitalized.

Comment

Working...
                              X