Same Buddahist and Hindu holy city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same Buddahist and Hindu holy city

Anyone got both Hindu and Buddahist founded in the same city before? I just did for the first time. I should try to get the Jewish one too, stop anyone from getting a holy city.

I'm sorry, but I think loads of people have had the same thing happening before they moved on to a better suited difficulty level

Comment

Agreed, I think you might want a bit tougher AI so that they wouldn't just sit back and let you found all religions.

You wouldn't have gotten them both in the same city, by the way, if it wasn't your ONLY city.

Comment

I once had Islam founded in the Buddhist holy city, even though I had a decently large empire by that time. It was rather convenient, since I was using said city as my big money Shrine-city already .
        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Playing a one city challenge at a low level, Noble and below, you can often grab almost all of the religions if that's your strategy. It also depends how many opponents you have.... if you're playing with 10 others civs it becomes difficult to get them.
          ...and I begin to understand that there are no new paths to track, because, look, there are already footprints on the moon. -- Kerkorrel

Comment

Correction: It is extremely improbable that you would get them in the same city, if it wasn't your only city.

Comment

Founding five, or sometimes even all seven religions in the same city is do-able on Prince in OCC - but the initial grab for both Buddhism and Hinduism cannot be guaranteed. In fact if you get the first two, then Judaism, Christianity and Theology are quite easy with the Oracle and a prophet from Stonehenge.

Comment

Hmm.. I've never seen it before so I thought it was rare. Usaually eigher Capac or Isabella will get Buddahasim.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwertqwert
                  Hmm.. I've never seen it before so I thought it was rare. Usaually eigher Capac or Isabella will get Buddahasim.
                  Yes, the more civs, the harder it is. On small maps with only 5 civs on the board there's more chance, but it's always a crapshoot - especially with huts involved. You can help your chances by using commerce tiles - at the expense of food or hammers, if available. Isabella starts with fishing, so she can use coast and lakes, if available, for a research edge.

I've also had strange things happen while God-chasing in the early turns.

Comment

I've seen the AI (as Isabella, coastal/floodplain start) founding Buddhism and Hinduism in its capital.

This was in the first game I've won at Monarch (playing as Augustus). Isabella started on the other continent and eventually became my strongest contender.
                    "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Yes, AI Spain on a lake can often get Buddhism and Hinduism in the cap, then Judaism in their second city.
                      The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

I did this at Monarch today on a Huge world with the default number of civs. Doing it on any diffculty level really does require luck though, if you want to try for it, you're best to start with meditation I think.
                        www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Working...
                        X