Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General winning/score question =)

Hi my fellow civ maniacs!

Im new to this forum, but not that new to the game since i play it from civilization 1 series.
    So, after playin it with the warlords expansion, i just wanted to find out ur achievements in my favourite kind of play. I mean playin Continents, Standard Map, all victory conditions open (without space race i hate it), against other 6 opponents and all settings to normal (i mean unchecked the options like permant alliances or so).

I find it impossible to get a domination(imagine conquest..) victory at monarch level. Also, i find it impossible to get the highest score just to get a time victory @ the end of 2050. I always find myself 3rd, 4th or 5th @ the end @ score.

I manage tho to get time victories @ prince, never did a domination even tho in 2 games i could try it but i just let the time go and win with score.

So, plz tell me ur achievements regardin the way u win @ monarch or prince level and if u have ever achieved conquest or domination always playin VS 6 opponents on standard maps.

Thnx for reading =)

Usually play for domination at Monarch, standard continents, 6 AI, epic speed. I'm not sure how often I actually win, as I rarely play a game to an actual winning condition anymore. I quit when I'm pretty sure I've got the game in hand. Don't win all the time, but on a random map start, random civ --- 30-40% of the time with those settings.
    The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

I found the jump from Prince to Monarch pretty steep. You definitely need a specific strategy on Mon and cannot afford to fiddle around and make mistakes. If you're going for domination, go for it 100%.... I mostly forget about religion, culture, wonders etc. and just build a massive stack of Praetorians or whatever. Oh yes... Rome's Praets are probably the best thing to try when you're stepping up a level, especially on marathon speed.

I would also say that whipping and chopping are essential for military victories on Mon and above.
      ...and I begin to understand that there are no new paths to track, because, look, there are already footprints on the moon. -- Kerkorrel

Comment

Working...
      X