Question about spacerace and permanent alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about spacerace and permanent alliance

I've got two simple questions I haven't been able to find an answer to.

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could enlighten me, thanks.

1) For the space race, after building all neccesary spaceship parts, am I required to do anything more, or just sit and wait?
    For example, should I have to build something like a launch platform, or have to assemble the ship before it can start it's journey into Alpha Centauri?
    And what is the "spacehip" window in Victory Conditions for? Just for looking pretty or does it have a use?

2) When is it possible to agree to a permanent alliance with the AI? I can always get a defensive pact with the AI, but I have never seen the Permanent Alliance option in the trade window yet. How can I unlock this Permanent Alliance?

Those were the questions. I'll await the answers if anybody knows. Thanks for answering.

Just build the spaceship parts. As the parts finish they are automagically put together in orbit. Once you complete the last part you need, you'll be done and will win. The spaceship screen is just for a visual representation, yes.
    - Dregor

Comment

2) Permanent alliances have to be enabled in the custom game setup screen, as I understand it. Haven't tried it yet, myself.

Comment

That's right, it has to be manually enabled. But note that if you are in a permanent alliance, you will build the spaceship together with your ally. If you are unlucky, the AI is building the last part you need in a low-production city... You will also see other team work/ features as well...

Comment

Originally posted by MoonWolf
          If you are unlucky, the AI is building the last part you need in a low-production city...
          You can send a few stacks of workers to his city to quickly change all those useless farms and windmills into workshops and mines.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacht

You can send a few stacks of workers to his city to quickly change all those useless farms and windmills into workshops and mines.
            Unless it's a city stupidly built next to a bunch of ice with almost zero hammer potential. At that point I started sabotaging the other Civs spaceship production and went for a diplo victory instead.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Thanks for the answers. Much appreciated

Comment

Working...
              X