No announcement yet.

Okay, I can't take it anymore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's true for capitulated vassals, but not for peaceful vassals.

The vassal attitude towards you is very important if you want to keep him as a peaceful vassal, since he can break the agreement any time he wishes after 10 turns.

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
      The vassal attitude towards you is very important if you want to keep him as a peaceful vassal, since he can break the agreement any time he wishes after 10 turns.
      Bug report: If a civilization becomes a peaceful vassal, the mouseover in the foreign advisor/relations screen still specifies land/population requirements for breaking up the vassalship.
      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
        That's true for capitulated vassals, but not for peaceful vassals.

Right. I haven't had a civ volunteer to become a vassal yet, so I wasn't thinking along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by lockstep

Bug report: If a civilization becomes a peaceful vassal, the mouseover in the foreign advisor/relations screen still specifies land/population requirements for breaking up the vassalship.
          I thought it was supposed to be like that...

Comment

If I understand alexman correctly, a peaceful vassal is allowed to break up vassalship every 10 turns, with no additional requirement whatsoever.
            "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

If I understand alexman correctly, a peaceful vassal is allowed to break up vassalship every 10 turns, with no additional requirement whatsoever.
              I thought it was any time after the initial 10 turns.

But then, I haven't had a peaceful vassal as of yet.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Hmm ... I'm not sure about what happens after the first 10 turns.

Comment

Hmm ... I'm not sure about what happens after the first 10 turns.
                  ARMAGEDDON.

Comment

I think Stuie is right, but the only peaceful vassals I've seen is when an AI I'm whaling on jumps to some other state to draw them into the war. None ever offer me that option.
                    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                    X