Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 Turns Left - Anytime I start a game. WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Turns Left - Anytime I start a game. WTF?

I recently installed Civ4 again (vanilla, 1.61) and in any game I start (even if I do not choose the time victory option) I get this "10 Turns Left" message at the upper right corner of the screen and after 10 turns someone wins the game. Ummm, what?
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Legit version?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I've already played the game before and then uninstalled it. So it's not a problem with the DVD.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

A clean reinstall solved the problem.

Comment

That's a really odd error. Did you win on score?

Comment

It´s Hezbollah. It must be!
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Let's bomb Lebanon until they fix our copies of Civ 4!

Comment

From what I've heard that problem is normally caused by using no-cd cracks on pirated versions of the game.

Odd that it would affect you though with a legit DVD

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
                  Let's bomb Lebanon until they fix our copies of Civ 4!
                  We should bomb Lebannon until the UN makes us sign a ceasefire that will mandate that Lebanese troops will consider gently persuading Hezbollah to fix our Civ 4 CD's. Additionally 15,000 peacekeeping troops from the U.N. will also be sent to the region to maybe, possibly, politely request Hezbollah to fix the CD's.

Both sides can then declare victory, at least until Hezbollah can resupply new Hackers from Iran and Syria to find another way to crash our Civ 4 games.
                  "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

I had the same problem, except noone won after the ten turns, it just kept going. I have a legit game as well but I am guilty of using a no cd crack.

Also in my game all resources were invisible.
                    In order to govern, the question is not to follow out a more or less valid theory
                    but to build with whatever materials are at hand. The inevitable must be accepted and turned to advantage.
                    -Napoleon Bonaparte
                    Start a Free Home Business - Free Templates, Scripts, Ebooks, Turnkey Websites
                    Traffic G | AdTactics | TS 25 | Smiley Traffic

Comment

All resources were invisible in my game too. I guess it's not the clean reinstall that helped but the switch to a different no-cd crack.

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                        X