Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Industrious overpowered?

Hey,

I've always been playing with Ghandi (Spi/Ind) since I've started playing CIV, because I like to have to build improvements quickly, having no anarchy and especially having 50% wonder production.

Now about that last bonus, i'm wondering if it's a bit overpowered, because every MP game i've played I manage to build alot more wonders than my opponent and gaining alot of advantages in the process.

So, what do you think?
    Beep...beep...beep.

If you have a powerful wonder strategy then it maybe feels overpowered, but if you have a power conquest strategy then it probably feels like a waste of a trait.

Horses for courses really!
    www.neo-geo.com

Comment

I wouldn't call it overpowered, as it "only" adds 50% to wonder production, while having the right resource adds 100%
      An industrious Civ without stone will be building the pyramids slower than a non-industrious civ with stone

But of course if the industrious civ also have access to stone and marple they get quite a nice goost

The ind trait doesn't fit well into my strategy though, as I prefer to take the enemies wonders by force
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

No, I don't think it's overpowered. It's all a mather of how you use a certain trait; if you use it correctly (assuming you get a start that allows it), you can really exploit the benefits of it and then it might seem "overpowered".

You're style of play is simply adjusted to this trait. Do you win the MP games often as well?

Comment

No it's not overpowered, wonderns are not mandatory.

Comment

It also depends on how many AIs there are and what the difficulty level is, because in one game, I was Gandhi and was neck-and-neck with Bismark wonder-wise. He built alot of wonders when I had 2 turns left to complete them, and when I got over the fury I had experienced, I realized the good that came out of competetive AI.

Comment

I one time was in a game where there was 11 other civs (12 total) and I was the only Industrious. In that situation it's definatly overpowered. But in a normal situation it's not.

Comment

Industrious/Philosophical, now that's arse-kicking.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Spiritual/Philosophical would be better. Hmm, not sure if anyone has that...

"Pacifisim, Free Trade, Republic, my empire is kicking arse! Whats this? Oh no! Random war!" *Police state, Vassalage, Fudalism* Lets rock!

Comment

I allways considered it the weakest trait...
                    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

How about Industrious/Creative? Talk about cultural victory.

Comment

Yeah, I tend to think of it as a weaker trait. For most of the game, the best way to get wonders is to have a tech lead, which ind dosn't really help you with. In some games, it can save you a lot of hammers, and it's not bad if you're on an island by yourself, but I don't think it's overpowered.

Comment

IMO, Creative is definitely the weakest trait for any halfway decent human player. For the AIs its not bad.

Industrious is definitely better than creative for anyone with a brain, so its not the weakest.

Beyond that, it depends on your style of play. I don't know what I would do without financial.... I would never give it up if I didn't have to -- so Industrious for me now means Huanya Capac (Warlords) --- and looky that extra 2 culture from the terrace/granary means he's practically Creative as well !

Comment

Creative allows you to landgrab quicker on a pangea map. Industrious should be coupled with either philosophical (doesn't exist) or creative (culture victory, this combo does exist I believe) to be truely usefull.
                            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Saladin = Spiritual, philosophical
                              Louis XIV = Industrious, creative

I'm not sure if creative is really all that useful for a cultural victory. It's only 2 culture points per turn, you know. Sure, it'll add up over a lot of turns, but if I was going for a cultural victory, I really think I'd rather choose expansive (for getting bigger cities or for being able to chop out early wonders more safely) or philosophical (for getting all those GAs). Hm, who knows, perhaps Peter is the great underappreciated Cultural Victory Machine?
                              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Working...
                              X