When's it Time to go up a Level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When's it Time to go up a Level?

So I finished my last game on Prince with a score of 20000+, being given the rank of Augustus Caesar (How silly that so many of the new leaders are already represented on the Hall of Fame board). Now I'm trying Monarch, but trying to keep up is such a hassle, should I kwwp trying to do better at Prince for a while yet?

Well it depends on what leader youare and your gameplay style. Like my standered level is Noble. I could win at a level higher with Augustus, but I would strugle on Noble with Gandi.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

I play prince and I sometimes end as Augustus Caesar. Prince is my level because I play with random leaders and continue games with a less than stellar start. I even play through games where I loose my second city to barbarians, trying to survive in such circumstances can be fun too.

On prince I have a fighting chance winning a spacerace when not all goes well, while when everything goes pretty, I mostly go for domination, also fun every now and then.

I guess my level would be monarch if I would always playing the same civ, the same stategy and quit when the map doesn't match that stategy.

Comment

Re: When's it Time to go up a Level?

Originally posted by Gibsie
        Now I'm trying Monarch, but trying to keep up is such a hassle, should I kwwp trying to do better at Prince for a while yet?
        I think the answer's already there: if you're not enjoying the challenge of a higher level then stick to what you like. If whupping the AI on Prince is getting boring then it's time for a change.

Comment

I would say it depends on what you want:

If have fun, go up when you win easily;

If play better, try first at same level diferent maps and leaders - styles

of play - and after go up.

Best regards,

Comment

Play at what you find fun.

It is a game remember.

Play at the level that suits your mood - I change my level around all over the place, depending on what I am looking for.
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Yup.

As others have mentiooned already.
              I´m like Will9, I could win at higher levels, but normally play noble, because it´s the level where I have most fun.

If you like your games to be more difficult than at your current level, play a higher level, else stay at the same level.

There´s no need for civers to progress in difficulty levels until they, finally, are able to gain victory even at the highest difficulty level (although some of the civers like it this way, but that´s just their personal preference/style of play and doesn´t mean that evryone has to like it that way)
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I think I've finally gotten a handle on Monarch and thinking about moving up, but I agree, play the level you have fun with. If you're uber competitive and feel that it must be at deity, go for it.

From reading, I got the opinion that all deity wins must have tricked settings. SMALL PAG with few civs and rush them. SO, i thought I'd be a wise ass and try one with a quecha rush.
                I said screw everything else, build a barracks and pump them out and rush. By the time I got the 4th one out, my neighbor 8 squares away was sending an SOD of spearmen, axemen, and swordsman in my direction.
                BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD and more modest expectations on Emperor.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Answer: when you're no longer having fun due to lack of challenge.

If you're still having fun, you can just set the bar for "victory" higher. That's what I tend to do.

edit: and now I read the thread and find I'm like the 10th person to say this. Heh.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                    Answer: when you're no longer having fun due to lack of challenge.

If you're still having fun, you can just set the bar for "victory" higher. That's what I tend to do.

edit: and now I read the thread and find I'm like the 10th person to say this. Heh.

-Arrian

But it is true.
                    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Re: When's it Time to go up a Level?

Originally posted by Gibsie
                      ... being given the rank of Augustus Caesar (How silly that so many of the new leaders are already represented on the Hall of Fame board).
                      LOL. I had that happen, too (Domination Victory). "You have shown the leadership ability of Augustus Ceasar".

Well, duh!!! That's what leader I was!

What was really weird, was my next game was a Cultural Victory with Shaka, and the score put me on the board as 'showing the leadership ability of Shaka'.

I almost started to think that they were 'personalizing' the message at the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X