No announcement yet.

Air power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they should probably up the number of intercepts per fighter (and SAM infantry, mech infantry, etc) per turn. Dunno what the sweet spot would be, but the once per turn limit is what seems to make a stack of bombers so hardcore. The AI will have a few fighters and/or SAM inf, but all you need to do is absorb those intercepts and have 10-20 more bombers to then blast the bejeezus out of their cities/units.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Agreed. And if you have lots, you really don't care if they get partially damaged because while they're healing you have pletty of others to pick up the slack.

But I must admit, I've never built 70. 30 yes, but not 70
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

70 is a pretty extreme case, obviously. Was that the Diety game at Realms Beyond, Blake?

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I can't imagine having the production (or time as they come so late) to build 70 stealth bombers. Though the thought of 70 stealth bombers turns me on. . Just kidding... maybe.

Comment

my best was close to 40

most cities had 2 cap fighters

front line cities 2 cap +4 bombers

add several carrier groups
            2 carriers per group (1 carrier 2 bombers 2 cap figthers)

does anyone send fighters with bombers?
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Could it be that you talk about Civ 3?

In Civ IV you cannot station bombers on carriers and the number of planes you can station on a carrier is 3, if I remember correctly.

Unless, of course, you are using a mod that changes this.
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

it was the African mod in Civ4

Comment

Ah thanks, this explains it.

As for this question:
                  does anyone send fighters with bombers?

If I know that a city contains Interceptors on CAP,
                  I often send fighters/jetfighters first, as they draw out the fighters (and have good chances to damage or destreoy the defenders (and, even if this doesn´t happen, the defending fighters have used their attack for this turn so that my bombers can get through unharmed)
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

bring back lethal bombard.

Comment

There are still rivals on the map by the time you get an air force?

-=Vel=-
                      (kidding!)
                      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

My largest bomber fleet had 35 Stealth Bombers and 24 Jet Fighters, but I also built like 110 Mechanized Infantries and 66 Modern Armors. This force blasted a 15-city AI civ away in 9 turns. Most Mech Infs didn't see much action.

These days, my games are usually over in the age of Cavalries. Managing massive armies is a too big pain in the butt.

Comment

Then you should probably be moving up a level of dificulty.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm going to stay at Emperor for awhile. The margin of error is already very slim at this level, one major misstep early on and your game is toast.

Immortal level will open another big can of unknown worms.

Comment

Originally posted by One_more_turn
                              I'm going to stay at Emperor for awhile. The margin of error is already very slim at this level, one major misstep early on and your game is toast.

what better way to learn

Comment

Working...
                              X