Do AIs trade my research ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do AIs trade my research ?

What I am asking... is, do AI's trade TECHs between each other ? I am assuming the answer is yes, and then my next question is.... Will my vassal trade away my TECHs that I give to him or her to potential enemies ?
    DONT MAKE BANANA ANGRY !

Yes and yes. Never trade tech on the AI's turn because the AI will just trade it to everyone. Only trade on your turn so youy can get something from everyone.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Thats what I thought. I'll keep playing with [x] no tech trading then.

Too bad the game doesnt have an option of no trading unless defensive ally or vassal.....
      DONT MAKE BANANA ANGRY !

Comment

By the way, the AI cheats most of the time and will make some stupid trade with another AI that both will agree to.

I suppose the highest priority of AI's is trading techs.

Comment

Originally posted by Will9
          Never trade tech on the AI's turn because the AI will just trade it to everyone. Only trade on your turn so youy can get something from everyone.
          That's Civ3. There were a lot of complaints about the AI being a 'tech whore' in Civ3, so they fixed it in Civ4:

Code:
          if (AI_getMemoryCount(eTeam, MEMORY_RECEIVED_TECH_FROM_ANY) > iNoTechTradeThreshold)
          {
          	return DENIAL_TECH_WHORE;
          }
          Basically, the way it works is that if an AI player has traded techs with someone, then depending on things like their Leader's personality, his attitude towards the player offering the trade, and the game's difficulty level, that player will wait a certain number of turns before doing another trade.

Comment

Well that will save me some having remember to go back to them every time I research something. I never knew they took it out.

Comment

Don't put the "x" on tech trading. But do be careful, whatever Mr. Triggs says, as the techs rapidly propogate once in the AI's hands. You can, however, pick up several techs on your own in your turn if you've made a beeline toward a tech the AI are not up to. You can trade an interim tech on that line for a different tech from each of several AI, and keep yourself apace while jumping to the UU, UB, wonder, or capability you need. Note, though, that one or more of the AI may chase you down that track if they have a target of those types.
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Once I was 8 techs behind and I research fudalism and I traded it to everyone and caught my self up in one turn.

Comment

Working...
                X